Chapter 1: Turn 5

"So, here's an interesting thing I've had on my mind for the past few days

     "So, here's an interesting thing I've had on my mind for the past few days." Jonah rubbed his clean-shaven chin, while three polygamous, homosexual boys enjoyed some food. 

     "Huh?" Kevin munched into an apple. 

     "I wonder who has longer bangs. You or Charlie?" 

     "I mean, it's obviously Charlie. Then again... I could try and make it look like I have longer bangs." 

      "My bangs are beautiful!" Charlie jumped. 

     "Will you ever go to get your hair cut?" Kevin raised his left eyebrow. 

     "I don't need to! Ugh. You sound just like my mom." Winced Charlie. 

     "Well... what will you do when your bangs get too long to hang over your forehead? You'll have to swipe them to the side. Do a part like Tanaka does. Would you even look good in that?" 

     "Why would you doubt if I'd look good in that? Do you even have to ask?"

     Kevin shook his head. "I'm just asking, you don't have to get so wicked. Healthy relationships allow questioning, you know? We aren't some kind of weird cult. We're a cooking club! Heh, questioning things is healthy. Are you some kinda weird religiou-" 

     "Hey, easy guys." Jonah put his hands up in comical defense. 

     "Interesting monologue, Kevin. And... I plan on growing my hair out. I'm going to be letting it grow until it decides to stop on its own. Yes, that does mean I'll have to put it up in ponytails and part it at times, but... it's my own decision." 

     Kevin blinked, then laughed. "N- No worries! I never said anything about doubting your decision-making skills. I was just wondering what you planned on doing with your fringe. I mean, it's already pretty 'in-your-face'." 

     "So is yours, buddy." Charlie playfully flicked a slice of onion onto Kevin's apple. 

     "Hm. This apple tastes funny." Kevin scratched his head. 

     "Gee, that's weird."  

     "You two having fun?" Jonah tilted his head. "'cause I want to get back to baking something... and one of my chopped onions is missing. Peculiar, Charlie." 

     "Bake something? Sure." Kevin finished the last of his apple, tossing the core in the trash can. 

     Charlie put his finger up to the air as everyone else in the cooking club looked at him with mixed expressions. "Alright, everyone! Let's get ready... to make something sugary! Then... we'll move onto something savory! Macho-Savory Mondays! Tastes just like a real man." 

     It was clear that the Monday's springing evening would be announced like no other. 

     Charlie was excited to get cooking again for the start of this week. Recently, he'd been cooking a lot back at home with Jonah and Kevin as well- He'd been teaching Kevin how to make simple dishes even! In fact, some of the dishes he'd been teaching weren't even recognized by many chefs as all that simple, yet Charlie managed to dumb it down enough for Kevin- Though Kevin was anything but, of course. The young Kevin simply just wasn't a natural-born chef.

     The blonde-headed Charlie had been cooking for a while recently, and letting some of the professors at Eddington try his homemade creations. A lot of them really enjoyed Charlie Monolow's initiative and were excited to write letters of recommendation to any culinary schools, should Charlie choose to go down that road. Indeed, there was little that the professors weren't willing to do for the aspiring cook, since he was a very passionate, hard-working individual. 

     Life was all about honing your skills, it seemed, and having fun with others along the way. 

     Would it be like that forever, though? 

____________