Chapter 1: Turn 5

"Also," Kevin spoke in his low voice, his hand scratching at his cheek. "I had a brother. He died a long time ago, but, he was into theatre. So, I guess if I act a bit dramatic at times, that's where that comes from."

    "Sheesh! You had a brother too? How many more stuff are you gonna keep from us? I could understand the 'dad thing', but this is crazy." Jonah glared as he raised his voice. "How could you withhold the fact that you had a brother?"

    "I'm... sorry. I'm sorry. R- Really." Kevin turned away to the other side of the patio. "It's just, I didn't really tell myself until now. I haven't come to terms with it. Do you understand? I didn't tell myself for the longest damn time, that I had a brother. After he died, I was denial that he ever existed. I'm sorry, Jonah. I fucked up. I really fucked this up." 

    "Guys, please, stop fighting." Charlie mumbled in a sleepy manner, his eyes opening and closing rapidly as he yawned. "We're all in this together, you know?" 

    "Hm. He's right." Jonah looked up to the sky, not making eye contact with Kevin. "I'm sorry, Kevin. It's just, well, I guess we're on different strokes of the coin-toss. I value intimacy and it has seemed like you... don't. But, I guess, right here, today, was your way of saying that you, in fact, do value it." 

    "It's hard for me. It's hard for me to be emotional. I've gone on living by discarding my emotions and being blank. But I wanna get better. You guys are the best things that have ever happened to me. I can't- I can't just let you go that easily." 

    "Letting go is hard. A friend of mine once told me that." 

    "Tanaka?" 

    "Yup. He actually did tell me that at one point. But then, I guess it's not so much about letting go as it is about -- well -- I'm not sure." 

    "Hm. Me neither." Kevin smiled as he and his boyfriends enjoyed the temperate climate out on the patio as a shadowed silhouette, appearing much like Todd Grayson, seemed to jump about. 

    "So we've been talking about some serious shit in basically our backyard. You think people have heard us?" Jonah suddenly blushed, tilting his head side to side. 

    "Ha. I'm sure they have. And I hope they get a load of this, too." Kevin softly put his hands around Jonah's chin and gave him a delicate kiss, running his nails down Jonah's neck. 

    "Giving me the shivers I see," Jonah winked. "and a hard-on." 

     Kevin winked in return, a happy grin forming across his face. 

________