Chapter 1: Turn 3

"You're parking effing sucks!" Cravius Moon shouted with his gravelly tone, spit landing on the windshield.

    "S- S- Sorry." Tanaka winced as he, Marian, and the blue-haired man drove around the barely populated areas of Little Japan in order to practice driving even further than what Tanaka had already been witness to.

    "Kid, your cutting of the curb really could use some work. Also, you're parking over hills just flat out is obnoxious. You don't need to have your hand on my headrest when checking your blind spots... and for the love of shit would you please go easy on the gas pedal!" Cravius continued to ramble, picking at the ends of his darkened hair. 

    "Easy there, you're gonna make the poor guy cry!" Marian yelled, knocking her hands on the back of Cravius's headrest. "I thought I didn't mind you being this tough, but Tanaka isn't the kind of guy who needs this kind of learning so-" 

    "I've got this." Tanaka forced a smirk. "I've got this. I've... got this." 

    "I'm sorry if I seem a little under pressure... what with your friends being kidnapped and all!" the blue-haired Cravius belt, his right eye covered by blue hair. "The more time we waste at not getting better... the more time your friends stay trapped in the weird water-park that H.C. made!" 

    "The more time you continue yelling at him for not getting better, the more you put him under pressure and make him clutched up- that's the time we're wasting! Be constructive, old guy!" Marian kicked on the floor in the backseat of the car. 

    Tanaka sighed. "I'm just gonna... work on my parking some more." 

    "That's a good idea. You seem to be better than most at just driving around, but... you're parking could definitely use some work. And then... parking is the challenge for everybody." Cravius began to speak softly after yawning. 

    Marian looked out the window. She enjoyed the view of the trees and how they'd sway from the spring wind. The sky looked so blue with a million of its little clouds dotted here and there. She couldn't help but think of Charlie, Kevin, and Jonah. 

    If the three boys were the sky; Jonah would be the blue, Charlie would be the sun, and Kevin would be the clouds. That seemed about right. Kevin could be any kind of cloud he wanted- a mysterious force that could blot out the sun. Charlie was the sun- he was always so happy. Jonah was the blue- the glue, rather, that seemed to hold everybody together. Yet no real initiative proved that. There was never an occurrence that Marian could think of where Jonah actually proved to be the hero of some sort of conflict amongst the boys... but, alas, Jonah just gave off that kind of vibe. He was a motherly kind of man.     

____________