Chapter 1: Turn 2

"I'm still stuck over here in the organization. They haven't let me out, but... I'll escape one day. I have to. I'll have to try." Sitting in a dark, dank cellar, Marissa's lips trembled. "I haven't been able to get out, and it's just two guys! I think I may be developing Stockholm Syndrome as well, but thinking about Marian gives me hope. She's had feelings for Tanaka for a long time and he hasn't once reciprocated, or been focused enough on her to even realize. Therefore, if she can hold out for him, then, maybe, I can hold out for this much!"

        "That's a nice phone you got there, and an even cuter monologue." The voice of Apricot-Enderbite trailed through the dark chasms. 

        "Yeah," Marissa shivered. "didn't know you were here. You didn't hear anything I sa-" 

        "You know, my talents in this organization have led me to be the guy who's good with combat. Now, though, when times get tough, I'm the right-hand man for research. However, I also can read people pretty well. And you, bubble-gum pop priestess, look suspicious. You don't look like you actually wanna join our team to take out driving from this sodden world. You look like a sad, trapped girl." 

        "What? Uh- Of course I wanna... take out the act of driving from society!" Marissa wagged her hands about, her eyes widening on Apricot-Enderbite's sternum. "I do, I do! Oh boy, do I ever! Fuck driving, am I right? Hehehe!" 

        "I doubt it, but alright. If you'd be so kind as to share your story, then? You know, that's the one thing that the Inquisitor never got right. He should've really asked all of the agents to share their stories of motivation. Instead, they're all gone and dead. Well, most of'em. Say, do these three look familiar to you?" Apricot-Enderbite held up a picture of Charlie, Kevin, and Jonah. 

        Marissa's eyes widened, her breath caught in her throat. 

        "So, they do? And wouldn't you know it? They're right here! They've been in this building of ours for the few days." 

        Marissa got to her feet. "Wh- What? What the hell? What are you planning to do to them, you sick bastard?" Marissa glared. 

        "Haha. Me? Oh, nothing. Well, not to them anyway. To you, that's a different story. That's a very different story. Alas, the Inquisitor has his own plans for the boys. Hasn't told me shit. Apparently they're a really close trio. Who'd have thought? Well, I hope you and I can become 'close'."     

__________