Epilogue 4.2 (END)

Two Weeks Later.

                "Well... I guess I'll never see Nora again. Maybe, at some point in the future, but for now..." Tanaka sighed as he drove around Marian's neighborhood with Marissa in the backseat.

    "... I guess it all wraps up. And... we move forward." 

    Marian smiled as she stuck her hand out the window of the passenger seat, quickly having gotten into the car after Tanaka picked her up, honking his horn playfully outside her house. "Marissa was able to leave the organization once all of the agents had left. Cuprite... Cyan-Diorite... Rouge-Adakite... Scarlet-Andesite... and Apricot-Enderbite all left to go do their own things. To make a new life for themselves, so claimed Nora." 

     "Yeah. And we can all continue to move on with our dreams in mind. Charlie's working hard to be the next cook... I'm going to continue with my learner's and eventually get my license to drive. Marissa's gonna go back to being an online critic. Everything worked out, in the end..." rolling down his window, Tanaka let the nice breeze flow through and onto him. "... although... there is one thing that still kinda bugs me." 

    "What's that?" raising her right eyebrow, Marian turned to make eye-contact with Tanaka. 

    "I never stuck around long enough to ask Mr. Miguel what the heck was up with his backyard, you know? Like... the Awespring, or whatever that was." 

    "Nah, I hear ya. In fact... I wonder what'll become of Hinge Corporate, now that their current CEO, Fitzbartholomew McCoy, is being found guilty on numerous charges for business scandals and kidnappings- as well as murder." 

    "Yeah... that 'Junior Detective'... Ivory- said he was gonna... plan to have an in-person meeting with the bunch. Makes me wonder how that'll go. Seems to me like there's a lot of other people behind the scenes with a decision like that- People I'll never meet." 

    "Regardless," the tone of Marissa began in the backseat. "despite how crazy things have been in the past few months... despite how much we've failed... we've come a long way. You two managed to save Charlie, Jonah, and Tanaka from being trapped in a water park! There's not too many teens who can cheer on about that themselves. And, I'm confident, going into the future with what I've learned and practiced thus far." 

    "Hm. Me too! It wasn't that hard when it came to saving those three guys. Cravius- I mean... 'Cyan-Diorite', did most of the job. We just escorted them on out. I do wonder what's come of Cravius though and the rest of those former agents... like Nora." Tanaka brushed the brown hair out of his eyes. "We should go hit up Charlie, Jonah, and Kevin, eh?" he accidentally began going faster in his car on the road than he should have been. 

    "Easy there, speed-racer!" the freaked-out voice of Marian rang. 

    "Hah! Sorry!" slowing down to the proper speed, Tanaka was on-route to the apartment complex where the three boys were imagined to be busy cooking, working on their finances, and over-all... making a life for themselves. "Yeah. They're over there making a life for themselves. Something we all want to do." 

____________