Chapter 3: Turn 4

"Well, as I said, Hinge Corporate recently opened up a water-park!" Jonah laughed, looked around the patio some more, then rested his hand in Kevin's lap. 

     "Really?" Kevin's eyebrow went up. 

     "How come we haven't heard of it 'til now?" Yawned Charlie. 

      An exciting vibe filled the air of the household. The three boys were curious about this new past-time that had been built in their local city. Its amazing possibilities held wonder for them, a child-like wonder.

     "Well, it's because they're a car company, I guess. They may have found it hard to advertise and pull the right demographics in, you know? Although, I mean, how exactly would one go about having a waterpark in a car company in the first place? Seems too good to be true! All the saunas, and hot tubs, and water-slides. Plus, Little Japan has often prided its aesthetic off of the fact that it's a historical and 'downtown' kind of place. It wouldn't easily get modern stuff built into it unless there was some great incentive, and even then, I doubt there wouldn't be any successful regressive push-backs." 

    "Or... maybe the CEO of Hinge Corporate is a fucking nut." Charlie rolled his eyes. "I mean, look at the recent turn of events. That dude recently made a success story, and that means either one of two things. 'A', he's going to get complacent with his line of work and ultimately not contribute to too much to the car company anymore, or 'B', he's going to keep at it, but his goals are going to be impulsively lofty. Like, not just an 'aim high' kinda deal, but like... wasting so much money on investments that could really screw him over. That seems to be what happens to people when they get successful." 

     Jonah winced. "Dear lord." 

     "Hate to sound like a bit of a Kevin, but this is genuinely the turn of events for highly successful and privileged men." 

     "Well," Kevin put his arm around Charlie's neck. "The guy has a point. In the meantime, though, let's use up as much of this opportunity as we can! So what if this water-park ends up being an impulsive venture for the company? I don't really care about a car company- Granted, I do like driving. At least, I think I do. I like riding in cars, and can't imagine piloting one would be too difficult. Let's go enjoy the water-park while it's here, what are we waiting for?" Kevin quickly rose up from the patio's futon. 

     His eyes widening, Jonah lips twitched. "Dear lord. He's... excited?" 

____________