Chapter 1: Turn 3

"So," Kevin sighed as the rain began to beat harder, occasionally splashing Charlie's sleeping face. "I have this thing with my dad. Ever since I was little, I've been tossed around places to live at. It's been shitty!"

    "Easy there, love." Jonah held Kevin's hand gently. "Don't you think that maybe, it was also hard on your dad, too?" 

    "I suppose. He always said that the capability of making lasting relationships when one gets older slowly dwindles. I guess he must've felt very lonely, too. Guys-" 

    "Hm?" Charlie opened one sleepy and relaxed eye- a random figure, which looked a lot like Todd Grayson, darted across the apartment complex mysteriously. 

    "It's been tough." Kevin bit his lip. "It's why I moved in with you all. This neighborhood, it ain't much, but it's better. It's settled. And... that's my dream. My dream is to live a settled-down life. Away from all the crazy moving and fleeting friendships. I don't feel like I've been really participating enough in this relationship as of late, because I've been so scared about it ending. But, Jonah, Charlie- Hear me out. Please! I'm ready! I'm ready to have my heart on my sleeve! I'm ready to actually love! I've never been honest with myself about this before, but I completely know now that you all are what I want in this life!" 

    Jonah clicked his tongue, closing his eyes. "That rain is making this all the more dramatic, eh?" 

    "Kevin... I love you, too." Charlie mumbled in his sleep as he was cuddled in the middle of Kevin and Jonah on the patio. 

    "Dramatic? What's that supposed to mean?" Kevin glared at Jonah, breathing out of his nose quickly. 

    "So," Jonah rolled his eyes. "during that week you were out of school, care to tell us what happened with that?" 

    "Yes. My dad wanted to me to come with him on a business trip- one last time, against my will. He said he just wanted to take me with him on some trip like he used to do a lot more of when I was younger. In a way, I guess it was him bonding with me." 

    "Yeah. I've heard of that sort of thing before. It's like your dad's way of letting go." Jonah smiled as the storm began to calm down and the dew from the grass reflected the sunlight which had peered out from the clouds. 

    "Sure. I don't know a whole lot on that stuff. My life so far has just been a series of brief friendships and hobbies. I've been getting by at school, getting good grades but I don't feel like- I mean besides the cooking club, that I really a- am alive, you know?" 

    "Hm. I know." Jonah held Kevin's other hand. "Kevin, it'll be okay, okay?"

________