Chapter 1: Turn 4

"So, on the internet these days, there have been a lot of conspiracy talks, you know?" Marian smirked as her and Tanaka spoke among the misty outdoors. The afternoon weather was calm and indifferent.

    "Yeah." The brown-haired young man nodded, resting his hand up against the tree which he had previously kicked. 

    "Right. So, these conspiracy theorists get a thrill out of digging around. Yeah? One thing leads to another, and suddenly a bunch of forums begin to have all sorts of leads on a certain group that people have been suspecting for some time- the group that may be responsible for the illegalization of driving in Little Japan." 

    "What are they... called?" 

    "That's the thing. The group themselves have no name, per say. You see, I've recently been doing research on this 'Junior Detective Ivory' character, ever since Mr. Miguel brought him up. He's been very responsive to these conspiracy theories for some reason." 

    "Hm?" crossing his arms, Tanaka now leaned himself against the tree. Its giant trunk was sheltering. "What's a detective doing responding to comments about some secret syndicate on the internet?" 

    "Well. He started off responding to all the good reviews he's been getting by the online critics telling him that he's an amazing junior detective." 

    "Ah." 

    "Right. So, anyways- he deduced that the organization, if there was one, would in fact be hiding in a place that they'd get perfect protection from. And do you know what one of the biggest buildings in all of Ontario is?" 

    Tanaka Williamson's eyes widened slowly as he uncrossed his arms. "The Hinge Corporate building in Little Japan?"

    "Yes. The H.C. building. The company that's been responsible for making cars has simultaneously been working against them as well." 

    "What the heck? Why?" 

    "There's even more theories to that one..." Marian sighed, crossing her arms as well whilst her red bangs fluttered in the wind. "... regardless, I sent Marissa there to get the scoop on them. She's supposed to act like a type of wanting-to-become-an-agent for them type of thing. Turns out... I was right." 

    "Right? About what? That the organization does in fact exist?" 

    "Yup. I guess... a woman's intuition is frustratingly correct a lot of the time."

    "So... does this mean... we're one step closer to finding out who killed Nora?" 

    "Yes." Marian looked down at her shoes. "Yes it does. And I won't stop until I find out who did it." 

    "Okay. One more question. Is Marissa okay?" 

    "Yes. I believe we've gone over this. She hasn't been able to successfully sneak out of there yet, but she's fine for now. She keeps me posted every day."

    "Why not... keep me posted?" Tanaka punched at the tree. "I worry about her too! You know I do." 

________