Chapter 3: Turn 2

"I feel... perfect with you, now." A higher-pitched voice -- nasally in its register -- came from a whispering man. 

     His gloved-covered hands reached over to a young woman.

     "It's so cold out for the spring time, but I know this won't last forever, so I feel warm inside." A girl's voice squeaked a tad, her grey jacket ruffling in the wind. 

      "We did it. We faked our deaths. Inquisitor thinks I killed you, and that Cyan-Diorite killed me." The man's voice appeared as none other than one Todd Grayson, putting his hand over the face of the woman he loved- Nora Vanderbilt. 

     "But... what'll become of Rouge-Adakite?" Nora clutched Todd's hand tighter.  

     "Ah! She 'died', as well, and is back to being a teacher for good now. No secret double-life. Just a teacher! Rose Henderson. She joined the organization in the first place, to... take her mind off of the school work. She didn't mean to oppose driving that bad. You see, she had this thing with... liking the students a bit too much. She didn't want to get in way over her head, so she took up this side-job. Inquisitor paid her well, I guess." 

     "You guess?" Nora's brow rose. "Also, that totally makes sense, Todd. Hm. 'Hey, look at me, I'm an impulsive pedophile, so I guess I better curb-stomp my urges by joining a criminal syndicate'. Makes total sense!" 

     "Well, it wasn't long when I started getting a nice salary from Inquisitor, that I tried to quit after. So, Nora, I have a question, though." 

     "Hm?" the Hispanic, young girl looked up at Todd with big eyes. 

     "How did you re-enroll at Eddington?" 

     "Well, it was easy. It's a private academy, right? So... they like their tuition. Because of that, I paid them a lot to keep quiet about me having gone there once before. It was a hassle, too. I wasn't going to keep it up for the entire year. I had to ditch them, eventually- All the friends I'd made." 

     "But you had to have thought... that someone was going to find out, right?" 

     "It's been ten years since we went there, Todd. There's little trace of anything of our generation, especially once you pay triple the tuition to keep the administration and staff quiet. It's not like it was when we went there." 

     "Hm, nice plan. Money makes the world go around, it seems. What a rich girl you are." 

      "It is definitely a solution to a lot of our problems. Speaking of solutions... I kinda would like to-" 

      "Say one last goodbye to the friends you made at Eddington before we go off and look for our new jobs- As well as a place to stay, right?" 

      "Mhm." 

     "That's fine, babe. Take your time." Todd squeezed his lover in a tight embrace. "Although, simultaneously, do hurry back. I wanna enjoy this cold, spring day with you." 

____________