Chapter 4: The First Step

(Y/N POV)

I'm at my locker, making sure I got what I need before the initiation. But for me I only needed my MP3 player, and my earbuds.

 But for me I only needed my MP3 player, and my earbuds

(Y/N): No way I'm losing you two.

I said as I grab and kissed both my MP3 player and earbuds.

I turned away from my locker, and saw a guy with a Chinese suit with pink highlights on his hair, along with a ginger girl with a pink skirt. 

What caught my attention was the ginger girl being all hyperactive

What caught my attention was the ginger girl being all hyperactive. And there I saw Ruby and Yang, also getting ready.

(Y/N): Morning!

Ruby: *Cheerfully* Morning!

Yang: Mornin'~

The Chinese Guy heads out while a skipping Ginger Girl follows, passing us.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Yang: Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

Ruby strokes Crescent Rose as she sighs happily.

(Y/N): Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation.

Yang: Yeah, I mean, if you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby sighs in frustration.

Ruby: You sound like Dad!

She then shoves her weapon into the locker. 

Ruby: Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

Ruby then suddenly become nervous. 

Ruby: Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or (Y/N)'s or something...