Chapter 11: The Stray

(3RD POV)

In Ozpin's office, Glynda, pacing, and Ozpin, looking outside the window, are talking about the events that happened back in the forever fall.

Ozpin: How did the man know your name?

Glynda: I haven't have the slightest clue. The man is very suspicious, and a sociopath.

Ozpin: .....

An elevator opens revealing (Y/N), who's now approaching Ozpin and Glynda.

(Y/N): Is this about yesterday?

Glynda: Yes.

Ozpin: (sits down) Glynda, believes that you know the man in the hood.

(Y/N) nods.

Ozpin: May I know his name?

(Y/N): You'd be surprised Uncle Oz.

Ozpin raises an eyebrow.

(Y/N): The man in the hood........goes by the codename: "Zeus" or "The Prototype."

Ozpin's eyes widens.

Ozpin: No.... (rubs forehead)

(Y/N): Former researcher of Blacklight Project at Gentek.

Glynda It can't be.....

Ozpin: (slowly puts down the mug) Alex Mercer....

Glynda: No......that's impossible!

Ozpin: Glynda.

Glynda: Alex Mercer is dead, or probably should be infected by now!

(Y/N): He is...

Glynda: What do you mean?

(Y/N): Mercer smashed the vial and unleashed the deadly virus into the surroundings. This triggered a viral outbreak that eventually covered all of Manhattan Island.

Glynda: Yes. I am aware of the story.

(Y/N): After he smashed the vial, he collapsed onto the viral sample, correct? Having the chance becoming infected as he died. 

Glynda: Yes....

(Y/N): Reports says: His body was taken back to Gentek in a body bag. Little did they know, as he was transported, the virus was reconstructing Mercer's body, cell by cell; his biomass feeding the virus as it replicated the still-living matter it had infected. And for years the government have tried to stop Alex, or rather.....

Glynda: "Zeus."

Ozpin: And to think he is dead.....

Glynda: (to Y/N) So....he caused the......

(Y/N): Yes.....

Glynda: I thought he did it by accident.

(Y/N): Everyone did....

Glynda: And how did he know my name?

(Y/N): He has the ability to take other people's memories by consuming them.

Glynda: He eats them?

(Y/N): Technically, yes but not the "eating" technique like we do normally. It's like he's absorbing them.

Glynda: I see....

(Y/N) and Glynda notices Ozpin, being all quiet and head-hanging.

Glynda: Professor Ozpin?

Ozpin: .....

(Y/N): I'm not sure what he's planning, but.......

Ozpin: All we can do is wait.