Volume 2 Chapter 5: Extracurricular

The scene opens to Pyrrha gearing up in a locker room. As she walks out of the locker room, we cut to her sparring with Cardin Winchester and back again. Eventually, the fight scene includes the other members of Team CRDL.

Glynda approaches from behind Cardin who clutches his ribs.

Glynda: And that's the match.

Cardin: Lucky shot.

Cardin collapses.

Glynda: Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament.

Pyrrha: Thank you, professor.

Glynda: (Tapping her Scroll.) Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match. (Glynda looks around at the observing students.) Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?

Blake slams her book shut and stares wide-eyed at Glynda

Glynda: You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -

Mercury raises his hand.

Mercury: I'll do it.

Glynda: Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent.

Mercury: Actually, I wanna fight...him.

Mercury points at (Y/N) as he grows suspicious of Mercury.

Glynda: With all due respect, I recommend you choose another partner.

(Y/N): It's alright. (stands up then looks at Mercury nonchalantly) I accept.

Glynda: *sighs* I'm sure you do.....

================================================================================

Mercury struts into the arena, visibly sizing up (Y/N), as (Y/N) puts both his hands in his pockets.

(Y/N): (This guy is planning something, I know it.)

Mercury charges in and kicks at (Y/N), but he dodges it, and sweeps his other leg from beneath him. He falls onto his back but then kicks his legs into the air, spins on his hands, and does a double back-handspring. The two stop and stare at each other for a moment as (Y/N) removes one hand from his pocket. He runs forward to attack, but Mercury strikes first, leading him to instead parry the first kick and the second, before dodging a further barrage of kicks.

(Y/N) ends the barrage by grabbing his leg, pulls Mercury towards him, lets go of his leg, then punches him away. He lands on his feet and slides to a stop some distance away. Apparently slightly impressed, Mercury tilts his head and gives a slight nod.