Your Love's Like

Betty's POV

Everytime he held me, I felt safe. Everytime he embraced me in his arms, I felt loved. Everytime his skin touched mine, everytime our lips latched together, I felt whole. Everytime his hands caressed my back, I felt comforted. Everytime his fingers ran through my hair, I felt special. I wish I could feel like that all the time.

Our love is aesthetic, special. We go on adventures, we solve mysteries. We try new things and we have fun. We build each other up, we work through problems to solve them; we don't give up.

I wish I could explain it, much there's too much to say. It's like being cuddled up together in a field of wheat and lavenders in the midst of a purple sunset. My hands on his chest as I lay against him on my side. His hand on my back as he lays on his. I'm in a white sundress with cantaloupe colored flowers detailed onto it. Jughead would be wearing a plain gray shirt and black jeans. But our appearance wouldn't matter, our presence would.

Our love's like standing on a flat roof at 11:00 at night and looking out and seeing the city lights. Feeling the cold air clinging to my skin with occasional cool breezes of wind. Hearing the crickets chirp and the bushes rustle when that rare wind sweeps. Seeing the streetlights from miles away change from red to green, to orange, and back to red. And we're there together. And we're alone. And we're alone together.  

It's like being the only people on a beautiful beach, having all of it to ourselves. Writing our names in the sand and adding hearts. Jughead and I would write our names next to each other until the waves washed them away.

Our love is like being together outside in Riverdale's snowy winter, but regardless of the temperatures in the negatives, we would feel nothing but warmth, being together. Snow would fall into my hair, while Jughead's would be protected by his hat. I would throw a snowball at him and he would throw two at me. We would laugh and smile and not have any cares in the world. We would just be there with each other. 

Our love's like that and so much more. It's a gift that money can't buy; it's everything I could ever want and more. It's him, Forsythe Pendleton Jones III, and I love him with all of my heart, mind, soul, and body. He is my everything, and that's what his love's like.