Care For Me

welcome to me writing age regression. enjoy!

TW: mention of self harm, mention of blood.

Jughead's POV

Betty had been in our room for a while and I had no idea what she was doing. She went there as soon as we'd gotten back from Pop's and it seemed like something was bugging her. I know that when Betty's upset, sometimes she just wants to be alone. In those cases, she usually finds me when she wants someone to hold her.

So I sat on the couch, giving her space and letting her figure out what she needs to. It may seem like I'm being cold by not being there with Betty, but I know that I can't force her to be around me in these times. She'll come out if she needs to. 

"Daddy?"

Speak of the angel.

"Yeah, baby?" I asked, looking over and seeing her peaking out from the wall. "Am I in trouble?" Betty asked, her voice fragile. "No," I chuckled a bit, showing a smile to assure her that she was most definitely not in any trouble with me. 

"No, of course not. Come here," I said softly, waving her over. Betty walked over slowly, head down like she was ashamed of herself. And it was usual for her to feel guilty after she had slips or breakdowns, but I always told her she had nothing to be guilty of, nothing to be ashamed of.

"Why do you think that?" I asked gently when she was in front of me. "I," Betty paused for a second, still looking down and avoiding eye contact with me, whispering, "I did something bad."

"What did you do, baby girl?" She sighed and gave me the backs of her hands. I gently held her fingertips and turned over her arms.

She had bloody crescent moons on her palms and she gasped when I stood up. I knew Betty was scared, but she had no reason to be. I wasn't going to hurt her. I could never. I used my index finger to look in her eyes, seeing the tears that coated them.

"Am I--" "No, baby, you're not getting punished. You're not in trouble," I assured her, swiping every tear with my thumb. Betty sighed and I took her hands again, leading her to the kitchen.

I lifted her up and set Betty on the counter gently, making her hold her hands over the sink. "This is gonna sting a little bit," I warned before pouring some peroxide over the indents.

She hissed slightly and I could feel her tense up when I put my hand on her leg to calm her. "Okay, let me see," I said, prompting Betty to turn and hold her hands out to me.

I took her hands gently but she winced and said, "Daddy, it hurts." "I know, baby. I'm sorry," I said, kissing the top of her head. I grabbed a pack of Band-Aids and used two to cover her palms before wrapping her up in gauze.

I lifted her up bridal style and carried her back to the couch, saying, "You're all better now, babygirl. You're okay." I sat down with her on my lap, head laying against my chest and both her hands folded together in her lap. I brushed some of her hair out of her face and put my hand on her hip.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked sincerely. "Mm-mm," she hummed, slightly shaking her head. "That's okay, baby girl. That's okay," I replied, lightly petting her.

"I'm sorry, Daddy," she mumbled, clearly ashamed. "Hey," I said, turning her head to make her look a me. "You have nothing to be sorry for, baby, believe me," I replied, holding cupping her face and kissing her. "Nothing at all."