Mistake ("Victim" Part 3)

Song Credit: "Where The Bodies Are Buried" by Em Harriss 

TW: abuse, blood

Betty's POV

"What were you two talking about in there?" asked Archie as he drove us back to the house. "Uh, n-nothing important," I replied.

No way would I tell him.

No way in hell.

"I saw you crying. What was that about?"

No, don't do that.

Don't be sympathetic now.

"He just made a joke," I replied, preparing for the follow-up interrogation. "'Bout what?" "Uh, I don't r-remember," I lied. I saw him roll his eyes before saying, "You'd think you'd remember a joke that made you laugh so hard you cried."

I stayed silent.

I had nothing to say.

Soon enough, we pulled up to the house and we got out. Stepping in and closing the door behind him, I heard his taunting voice from behind me. "Betts."

No, that name doesn't sound right, falling from his lips.

Only one person is allowed to call me that.

And Archie is not that person.

But I turned around anyway, putting on a fake smile before Jughead's lips were against mine.

Oh, did I say Jughead?

That would have been nice, wouldn't it?

Unfortunately, I meant Archie.

His lips didn't stay on mine for long, though. He moved them to my neck. I didn't want Archie to do this. But in my mind, it was Jughead. And I wanted him more than anything. So, I let my mind make me believe it really was him and that I was happy.

"Juggie," I moaned.

Oh no.

With a snap, Archie shot his head up and looked right through me. "What did you say?" He gritted through his teeth. "Archie! I said 'Archie!'" I lied nervously.

That's it.

I was done.

Dead.

"Liar!"

And with that, I was pushed roughly against the wall, held, and punched hard in the face. My nose started to bleed, but it went from dripping to splattering when Archie punched me again. "After everything I gave you, after everything I've done for you? This is how you repay me?" He yelled, pinning me against the wall and kneeing me in the stomach.

I ached all over and wanted to collapse. I started to fall forward, but Archie held me up to punch me once more before letting me fall to the ground. I was silently crying on the carpet, the tears stinging the bleeding cuts on my face. "You know what, Betty? I'm done with you, you're nothing if not a used slut!" He spat, walking back into our room.

Is he leaving?

No, don't do that.

Don't you do that, Archie Andrews! 

After all the abuse and fear you held over me, you are not the one who gets to walk away!

A few minutes later, Archie came out with a duffle bag. He scoffed, seeing me stilll on the floor. "Get up, bitch."

I didn't move.

Archie scoffed again and headed for the door. He started talking, but not to me. I didn't know who he was talking to, but he said, "You came here for Betty?"

"Take her. She's your whore now."

Hey, guys. I know this took forever and a half, but in good news, I'm only grounded for three more days! Believe me when I say that I have a ton of drafts prewritten on paper that I'll be able to type and publis soon. Hope you guys enjoyed, and always have a great day (I certainly didn't)!