Time-Out

Betty's, like, always sad when I write her like this

"No, Daddy, I don't wanna go!" the blonde whined as Jughead sat her down on a chair in the hallway. "I know you don't but I told you how many times to stay out of the candy jar?" With a huff, Betty held out two fingers, getting a breathy chuckle from Jughead as he raised an eyebrow and replied, "One more."

Hesitantly, the blonde held up another finger before crossing her arms, legs swinging back and forth. "Exactly. Now, all you have to do is sit here for five minutes. That's all I'm asking for," he said before kissing her forehead as he stood up, stating, "I love you very much," before walking back to the kitchen.

The first two minutes were fine; Betty sat silently in the hallway, her legs swinging underneath the chair and fingers playing with each other. By the time the third minute rolled around, the blonde started to get lonely, her separation anxiety kicking in and kicking hard.

Before long, Betty started crying. She stood up slowly, walking out of hallway and into the kitchen where Jughead sat at the table. "Daddy," she sobbed, her arms outstretched in front of her as her hands made and released fists. "Aw, baby," Jughead coped, picking the blonde up to sit on his knee as she cried into his shirt, her hands clutching him as tight as she could.

"Now, what's got my baby so worked up?" he asked softly, gently bouncing the girl on his knee to calm her down. "I missed my Daddy," Betty sniffled. "Aw, angel, you know Daddy was still right here, right?" She shook her head and looked up before Jughead looked back at the timer on the microwave.

"Now, you only have about two minutes left, so if I let you sit here with Daddy for the rest of it can you pinkie promise me you won't steal from the candy jar?" Jughead asked with a raised eyebrow. Betty nodded enthusiastically, pigtails bouncing as her head moved. 

"That's my girl," he smiled, placing her in the chair next to him as the timer continued to count down. For the rest of the two minutes, Betty sat patiently, not a peep leaving her lips as Jughead finished up his writing.

Once the time was over, Jughead took Betty back into his arms and placed a kiss on her head as she giggled, laying her head against his chest. "There's my happy little girl."