Red

TW: blood

Jughead's heart sunk as soon as he heard a terrified voice coming from the bathroom. "Daddy! Daddy, something wrong!" He hurried to the closed bathroom door, knocking on it gently and asking, "Betts, are you okay?" 

"No! Something wrong!" Betty whined in response through the door. "Can I come in?" The blonde whimpered a simple, "Yes," before the Jughead started to walk through the doorway. Right away, he saw his blonde standing up while clutching her stomach, a trail of blood painting a stripe down her leg.

"Aw, baby, nothing's wrong," he eased, getting a makeup wipe from the counter to clean off her leg, wondering if she'd be getting dysmorphic anytime soon. "This is normal." "It is?" Betty asked, stepping out of her underwear as he pulled them down cautiously. 

"Stay here, and hold this between your legs, okay, baby?" Jughead asked, handing her a towel from the rack before heading to their room to grab a clean pair of underwear for the blonde. He came back in a grabbed a pad from beneath the sink, situating it on the cotton before handing Betty another makeup wipe and asking, "Do you think you can clean up a bit?" 

She knew what he meant, nodding and taking the wipe from his hand before replacing the towel for the wipe. "Daddy, it hurts," Betty whined before throwing the wipe into the trashcan behind her. 

"What hurts, baby? Can you tell me?" he asked softly as he pulled her new underwear up her legs, situating the waistband to fit. "Here," Betty answered, clutching her abdomen. "Aww, baby, come here," Jughead sympathized, taking the blonde to the sink to wash their hands.

He took a minute or two to throw her bloodstained underwear and bath towel into the washer, making sure to pour some peroxide over them and returned to the bathroom.

"Come here, babygirl," he said softly, embracing the sweet girl in his arms. He reached into the medicine cabinet to take a bottle of Pamprin out before turning to his blonde and saying, "Here, come follow Daddy." 

Betty took his hand, following behind him as he brought her to the kitchen. "You want some apple juice?" The blonde nodded happily, answering, "Yes, please," with a smile. Jughead obliged, pouring some juice into a cup before opening the bottle of Pamprin and saying, "I need you to follow what Daddy says, okay?"

Betty nodded again and reached out for her apple juice, earning the praise, "Good girl." "I want you to take a little sip at first," he instructed, waiting until the blonde had done just that. "Okay, baby, now tilt your head back and put this in your mouth," he said, giving her the lavender pill.

"Now you can swallow." The pill went down with a gulp, Betty smiling once she was done, asking, "Like that?" "Just like that, baby," Jughead replied with a smile before pouring the rest of the juice into one of the blonde's little sippy cups and handing it to her. "Thank you, Daddy," she smiled.

"It still hurty," she whined softly. "I know, baby, I'm sorry. But I have something for you that might help," he offered. "Cuddles?" Betty asked with a bright smile. "Yes, cuddles, of course. But I have something else, too," Jughead said, taking her hand in his as he walked her into their room. He pulled out a heating pad from the closet before sitting with his back to the pillows of their bed.

"Come here, angel," he said softly, waving Betty over. She sat between his legs, her back laying against his chest as he placed the heating pad on her abdomen, holding it in place and mumbling, "It'll get better, baby, I promise," against the crown of her head. He placed a chaste kiss against her hair and asked, "Do you want Daddy to read to you?" 

"Mhmm," she answered before giggling, taking a drink of her juice as Jughead reached over on the nightstand to grab the book they'd been working on. "Ready, baby?" Jughead asked, kissing her head once more and situating the book in front of the blonde before reading aloud.

After a few pages had been read and her sippy cup became empty, Betty tugged gently on her caregiver's hand, saying, "Daddy, I sleepy." "You wanna take a nap, bub?" he asked, looking at his blonde. She nodded and laid her head against his chest tiredly.

"We should probably get you on your side," Jughead sighed, setting the book aside and easing the blonde onto her side, making her the little spoon as his arm wrapped around to keep the heating pad on her abdomen. 

"Try to get some sleep, okay, honey?" he said softly, brushing her blonde hair out of her face. It wasn't until he placed a kiss on her cheek that he realized she was already asleep. He smiled and cuddled beside her, whispering, "Goodnight, baby."