High Heels

Unapologetically, more agere. Enjoy!

The height difference between Betty and Jughead was one of her favorite contrasts of them. Betty wasn't that short, but she was definitely shorter than him, which he loved to bring up when she was in her little space.

She strained, reaching for the cookie jar on a high shelf of the kitchen cabinet until an arm extended behind Betty and grabbed the jar, opening the lid and handing her a cookie. "Ask next time, okay?" Jughead asked, looking down at her as she took the treat from his hand.

Betty nodded in response, saying, "Thank you, Daddy," before taking a bite.

---

That night, Betty laid tucked in bed with Jughead next to her and her bumblebee stuffy in her arms as he read to her to sleep. She yawned and stretched her arms, causing her bumblebee to fall to the floor.

As she reached down to get it, he pulled her back up, saying, "I got it, babygirl," and getting up to bring the stuffy back into her arms. "I can do some things for myself, Daddy," Betty said as he got back in bed with her. 

"I know, baby, but you're still my little girl," Jughead replied as he leaned over to kiss the top of her head. "I'm not that little," she mumbled, shifting under the covers.

---

The next morning, Betty wanted to do anything to prove that she was a big girl. "I have to have them somewhere," she muttered under her breath, searching through her closet until she saw her high heels.

She giggled to herself, scrambling to put them on before carefully standing up and heading downstairs to surprise him.

"Daddy! Daddy, look! I told you I'm a big girl!" she exclaimed excitedly. Jughead turned around to look at her, clad in her heels and smiled while letting out a little chuckle. "Wow!" he replied. "You might even be taller than me now."

Betty just giggled as Jughead walked over to her before scooping her up in his arms and taking her over to the couch, laying with her across his lap. "Why don't we take these off before you get hurt?"

"I can wear high heels, Daddy. I've done it before," she whined as he started to unbuckle the strap of one of her shoes. "I know, babygirl, but still, I wouldn't want you to trip and hurt yourself. Especially when you're like this," he replied gently.

Once her other heel was off, Jughead put his hand on Betty's back, drawing her closer as she snuggled up to his chest and closed her eyes tiredly, which he soon followed her in doing.

---

Betty woke up from her nap before Jughead and sat upright, moving off of his lap and seeing her high heels on the ground. "Why won't he just let me be a big girl?" she asked herself quietly before spotting the bookshelf against the wall and smirking to herself, getting up from the couch and walking over to it.

The shelf was taller than her, but Betty made sure there was room between the top of it and the ceiling before she started climbing up slowly. When she reached the top, she sat with her legs hanging over the edge, exclaiming happily, "Daddy! Daddy, look!"

Jughead was woken up by her shouts closing his eyes slowly and allowing his vision to adjust before seeing the blonde on top of the shelf and asking, "Betty, what are you doing?" "I got up here all by myself because I'm not a little girl," Betty replied happily. 

"You need to get down right now," he replied strictly. "But Dadd--" "Get down right now before you get hurt," Jughead commanded. Betty could feel her heart break in her chest at his words as tears started pooling in her eyes.

"O-okay," she stuttered, starting to climb down as he walked closer to make sure she didn't fall. One wrong step made Betty slip off the edge, falling into Jughead's arms with a scream. "What were you thinking? You could have gotten seriously hurt, Betty."

"I-I just w-wanted to show you that I don't n-need you to do ev-everything for me,"  she answered, scared of getting in trouble as he brought them to the couch for her to sit in his lap. "Betty, I thought you might get hurt wearing high heels. What makes you think climbing the bookshelf would be any safer?" Jughead asked, tucking a stray strand of blonde hair behind Betty's ear.

"I-I wasn't th-thinking about that. I'm sorry, Daddy," she cried, hiding her head in his chest. "Baby, look at me," he said gently, placing a hand on her back. "I thought that you liked being my little girl," Jughead said, his hand running across her back slightly.

"Of course I do, Daddy, but I just...I don't know," Betty shrugged, laying her head on his chest. "Can we watch The Powerpuff Girls?" she mumbled. He chuckled lightly and reached for the remote. "Of course, baby."