Aichmophobia

TW: needles

"Come on, Jug, it's just one shot. It'll be fine," Betty eased, her hand gently sliding up and down Jughead's arm as he sat in the doctor's office. "I don't like needles, okay? I don't wanna be here," he replied, bouncing his leg nervously as he looked around the room. 

"It's okay. I get my birth control shot every month and I'm fine. You just need one," the blonde said softly. "Okay, that's different," he said dismissively, his hands fidgeting with each other as his elbows laid on his knees.

"Only insofar as I don't get pregnant and you don't get polio," Betty chuckled as the door opened and the doctor stepped in. "Mr. Jones, I'm guessing," he said with a smile. Jughead only nodded, still dreading his shot.

"Yeah, sorry, he's, um...not a fan of needles," Betty said with a smile, reaching her hand out to the doctor, introducing herself. "I'm Jughead's girlfriend, Betty." "Oh, I've had many patients like that. I assure you, Mr. Jones, there's nothing to worry about."

"I'm right here, Jug," Betty whispered, one hand holding Jughead's and the other sliding across his back comfortingly. "Do you want me to count down for you?" The doctor asked as he held the syringe in his hand.

"Y-yeah, sure," Jughead answered before turning to Betty, who was still trying to comfort him to the best of her ability. "Okay, are you ready?" the doctor asked as Jughead pulled up his sleeve. He nodded and took a deep breath before hearing. "One, two, three."

Jughead's grip on Betty's hand immediately tightened as his eyes closed tightly, heart beating much faster than before. "See, babe, that's it. It's over, that's all it was," the blonde said as Jughead felt a Band-Aid being placed on his arm right where the needle had been before. 

"My arm is fucking numb," he mumbled to Betty, the pain resonating in his bicep as the blonde out her hand on his forearm. "The pain shouldn't last longer than an hour," the doctor said. "If it does, you can take some Ibuprofen and if the pain remains, I recommend coming in and letting us take a look," "Thanks, doc," Jughead said, standing up slowly with Betty before making their way out.

---

"I'm really proud of you, Jug. I know it wasn't easy getting that shot," Betty said with a smile, her hand reaching across the Pop's table to lay on top of his. "Does it still hurt?" "Like a bitch," Jughead replied with a small chuckle, making the blonde laugh.

"Let me know if it still hurts in twenty, I'll give you some Advil, okay?" Betty replied with a smile. "But in the meantime, you wanna split some fries?" "Only if you're okay with me taking most of them," Jughead chuckled before the blonde playfully rolled her eyes and said, "I'm used to it."