Mumble

BugheadJones433 + saltiestangel + agere = THIS NEW ONESHOT!!! Enjoy!

Betty sat on the carpet, hands fisting in the strands of the fabric; her cheeks rosy as she hummed softly to herself. "Hi, bubs," Jughead greeted, entering the room quietly as he approached her with a smile.

She giggled and lifted her arms for him, giggling as he lifted her up and sat down on the couch with the blonde in his arms. "How are you, precious?" Betty mumbled quietly to herself before holding up her thumb to answer.

"Aww, that's good, baby," Jughead mused, running the backs of his fingers down her cheek. "Mmhmm," Betty responded with a bounce of her head, nodding and moving to straddle his lap, her hands coming around his shoulders as she laid her cheek on his chest. His arms wrapped around her small frame while gentle kisses were placed on the top of her head.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Jughead asked softly, his hand gliding over her back. Betty nodded against his chest before looking up and mumbling nonsense words. He smiled at the blonde, bringing a hand to the side of her face and leaning his forehead against hers. "I love you, babygirl."

"I...love...you," Betty whispered, whining as she hid her face in the crook of his neck. He smiled down at the girl, rubbing her back as she continued to cling onto him. "There's no need to be shy, little one. It's okay, I'm here," Jughead eased softly, holding her close to his chest. 

"What is it, baby?" he asked, gently pushing her hair back from out of her face. She shrugged, hiding away from him as he tried to ease her back. He frowned, unsure of how to move forward before the small blonde cleared her throat thought of how to say what she wanted to.

"I..." Betty said, feeling the gears in her head move as she tried to talk. "Want...cud-cuddles." "Aww, baby," Jughead chuckled, pulling her closer with a smile. "I'm happy to give you cuddles! Always!" he smiled as she giggled.

Jughead moved her legs so that she was sitting horizontally along his lap before draping a blanket over her, starting to rock his blonde gently and placing soft kisses along the crown of her head.

"What's your favorite color, baby?" Jughead asked, given they had been working on their colors this week. "P-Pin..." Betty paused, her finger tapping on her lip showing as a sign she was thinking. 

"You've got it, baby. Just say it with me, okay?" he said, speaking slowly with her. "P..i..n...k," they said together. "Pink!" she said happily, slightly bouncing in his lap. "Yes! Very good, baby!" he smiled, cuddling her close.

She clapped her hands together softly, smiling up at him as he brushed her hair back. "I'm so proud of you," he smiled, "What's my favorite color?" Her eyebrows furrowed together as she went into deep thought before announcing, "Blue!"

"Good girl!" he praised happily, kissing her forehead as she continued to giggle. "What's this color?" he asked, gently tugging the blanket. "G-G...r...gray," she stuttered, looking up after to see if she'd gotten it right.

"Very, very good, Betts," he claimed, squeezing her tightly in a show of affection. She squealed sweetly in response as he smiled down at her and kissed her button nose. "I love you so much,  baby."

He smiled before noticing a red mark on the side of the blonde's face, ghosting his fingers over the skin and asking, "What happened, baby? Did you get hurt?" Betty mumbled another word, although Jughead wasn't too sure what it was. 

"What was that, babygirl?" "D-Door," she stuttered before pointing over to the door that connected the kitchen and the living room.

"Awe, hon," Jughead frowned, looking at the swollen, flushed skin intently. "Can you tell me how that happened?" he eased, although she just shrugged, snuggling back to his shoulder. 

"Door," she repeated softly. "Maybe you can show me with your hands?" Jughead suggested, shifting the blonde to sit up gently. "I...r-run," she stuttered before pointing to the door. "Hur...hurty," Betty added, pointing to the red skin of her face. 

"Why didn't you tell me sooner, baby?" he asked gently, brushing her hair back softly. "Sc...Sca-scared." "How come?" Jughead said softly, kissing her cheek to make sure she knew she was loved as the blonde murmured something before nuzzling her face into his neck.

"It's okay, Betts, just tell me," Jughead eased. "C-Can't...t-talk...good," Betty replied, sniffling into his shirt. He sighed, knowing how Betty was oftentimes ashamed of her stutter and how talking was hard for her, especially when she was in her little space, like now. 

"Hey, look at me, baby. Look at me, precious girl," Jughead said gently, a hand on the unmarked side of the blonde's face. "It doesn't matter if you can talk straight out of a book or if you need some time to figure out your words; I love you just the same. Do you know that?"

"Mhmm," she nodded, fisting his shirt in her hands. "I f-feel...d-du-dumb." "Oh, hon," Jughead sighed. "You are so far from dumb. You're perfectly okay. You're smart and beautiful. And I know that little mind of yours must be running a mile a minute, right?" he chuckled, making the blonde nod and giggle as she cuddled up into the blanket. 

"Do you wanna practice again?" He asked before pressing a small kiss to her temple. Betty sighed and thought for a minute before seeing his arms wrapped around her tightly, knowing she was safe. "Y-Yes," she said with a smile.