Breakfast Talk

"Morning, beautiful," greeted Jughead with a smile on his face as Betty opened her eyes. She smiled back as Alice called from downstairs, "Betty, Jughead, breakfast!" The two got up and Betty slid on a shirt over her white bra and put on a pair of sweatpants over her underwear as Jughead put on his shirt.

Once they got downstairs and approached the table, the doorbell rang, which Alice went to get. The door opened to reveal FP Jones himself. "FP," Alice greeted with a friendly smile. "Alice. I just came to pick up Jughead. That is if he's ready," FP replied, a kind smile of his own. 

"Why don't you come in, stick around for breakfast. The kids are already down," she offered. FP graciously accepted her invitation and stepped aside. "Dad, hey. You staying for breakfast?" greeted the beanie wearing boy. "Seems that way, yeah," FP responded, sitting at the head of the table.

As plates were filled with food and eating began, Alice spoke up, initiating a conversation. "You know what, Betty?" I'm kind of glad I let your boyfriend spend the night. I didn't hear a single word from you guys all night."

"Well, Mom, you know I don't talk with my mouth full," Betty replied with a smile, looking over at Jughead, who was also smiling as FP was just flat out chuckling, trying to restrain himself from bursting out in obnoxious laughter.

 "Betty, what?!" Alice laughed, which made Betty throw her head back and start crying out with laughter. "You know what, this reminds me of something. I have a little story to share, if I may," FP chuckled, prompting both Betty and Jughead to worry. 

"Go ahead, FP! The floor is yours!" Alice laughed. FP shifted in his seat and began to tell his tale.

"So one day, a while back, one of my kitchen cabinets was almost completely broken. Practically falling off its hinges." Betty and Jughead already knew where this was going. "So I checked the security cameras that were installed in the trailer--"

 "Wait, we have cameras?" Jughead interrupted worriedly. "We live on the wrong side of the tracks, of course I have cameras," FP replied. 

"Anyway, what I found on the cameras still keeps me up at night," the father said. "Jughead, you do know that you shouldn't slam your girlfriend into a cabinet, right?" he joked, making Betty blush and hide her face and Alice burst out laughing. "Wait, Elizabeth, is that why your back was hurting the night after the Jubilee?" Alice laughed out loudly.

"Why are you so entertained by this? Shouldn't you be grounding me or something?" Betty asked, slightly embarrassed. "Wait, wait. There's more," FP chimed in, making the young couple wonder what could possibly be worse than what he'd already shared. 

"Another day, this was fairly recently, keep in mind, I was checking the cameras, just to see if something was wrong, and, um, let's just say, I skipped the deep clean and just bought a whole 'nother couch," he said, laughing at the end.

"Oh my God! Juggie, you told me that he'd never know!" Betty exclaimed. "Yeah because he wasn't home that night. I never knew about the cameras until now," Jughead replied, assuring his girlfriend he had nothing to do with this. 

"Wait, Dad, did you watch the whole thing?!" asked FP's son nervously. "Oh, God, no. I cut it off as soon as I saw Betty straddling you!" FP laughead. "Elizabeth Cooper, where did you learn that?!" Alice asked, making Betty smirk and look over at Jughead before looking at her mother and winking.

"I swear, one day, I'm going to come home at the wrong moment, I can just tell," spoke Alice. "Mom, don't be silly. I always lock the door. If anything, Archie will choose the wrong time to look out his window," Betty replied jokingly, praying that will never happen. 

Alice cleared her throat before looking up and speaking. "Well, I don't know about you, FP, but as a parent, there's only one thing to do: soundproof their bedrooms immediately."