Returning Home

Ember POV: 

I've been dead for around two weeks and Kory, Cassius, and I are about to try a crazy plan I came up with. "Ember, Where did you hear about this spell?" Kory asks me shakily as he stands looking through the glass of the Mirror of Erised, "I created it... If it works right, Then we could go back home." I tell him. Kory didn't know what the plan really was until it sunk in that I created a spell that could, if used right, bring us back from the dead. "Are you sure we should go back? We would be going back to another war, Em." Kory asks me, searching my eyes for any sign of hesitation. "I'm sure Kory. I've been working on creating this spell since you were murdered." I say as I finish the last of the detailing on my beautiful plan. "What are we supposed to do?" Kory asks me as he takes my hand and looks into the mirror at my siblings who are currently being held hostage by Deatheaters along with my cousins and many of my friends. "Each of you take one of my hands, close your eyes, and then chant 'Mortuus Est Ut Vitae' five times, when you open your eyes we should both be standing in the middle of them." I say gesturing to the people I hold dearest that are chained to walls and tied to the floor. "Lets do it." Kory says as he and Cassius take my hands and waits for me to begin. 

Kory, Cassius, and I chant the spell three times as  loud as we can, and as soon as the last word of chant number five falls past my lips I feel a tugging start from my middle and I hear the sound of glass breaking. Quickly I open my eyes and look at Kory and see him standing before me just as he was before the spell, the only difference is that now he is breathing. Without a second though I pull Kory to me and kiss him for the first time in almost four years. When I pull away I realize that instead of putting us in the middle of everyone that we were instead dropped behind a column and that no one had seen us, all anyone knew was the mirror had shattered. "Wait for the door to open then step out." I say to Kory and Cas' in a hushed voice as I hear harsh foot steps running down the hall towards the room we were in. "WHO DID THAT?" I hear the voice of Rain Blackwood boom throughout the room. When no one immediately responds Rain says harshly, "Fine. I guess I'll just have to kill one of you." I hear her jerk someone up and Freddy yell out for Zeke and begin to plead for his life. 

"You might not want to do that." I say as I step out from behind the column, Kory by my side and Cassius following slightly behind me. As soon as my voice hits everyone's ears all eyes snap to the back of the room. "Ember?" Freddy questions looking slightly sick. "I killed you! Impossible!" Rain manages to choke out slowly.  "Well, Love. It would appear I'm back from the dead." I say with a smirk as I wave my hand at the mirror which fixes quickly. "How!?" Rain exclaims as she drops her hold on Zeke and allows him to run to Freddy. "My magic is not something to be questioned or doubted. I'm bloody fearless." I tell her as she begins to back out of the room and run down the hallway. "STAY OUT OF HOGWARTS!" I yell at her as she goes. As soon as we are sure shes gone I turn to Kory and kiss him again. "Ember!?!?" Freddy yells as Zeke unties her and she bolts across the floor to envelope me in a hug before turning around and helping Zeke untie people.

"How the hell did you get back? And, Who the hell are those two?" Flicker questions me as she hugs me and kisses my cheek. "Well, Flicker, Meet Kory Boot and Cassius Warrington." When she hears their names her jaw drops and she says "Your soul mate and Damon's gay lover?" Before I can respond to her Kory laughs, tosses his arm over my shoulders, and says "That would be us." Flicker flashes a quick smile and then rounds on me again, "Once again I ask, How the bloody hell did you get back?" "That little sister is something only Cas', Kory, and I will ever know."