Miracle

CHAPTER 57

Melissa's Pov:

"MO... NINA!!! COME HERE!!" Hayes called for us. We ran into the room.

"She's gonna need a c-section." The doctor exclaimed. Great...

Hayes, Nina, and I were sent into the waiting room while Caroline had her c-section.

"What if she doesn't make it?" Hayes started.

"What if the is a complication?" Nina started too. After about 5 minutes of them asking what if questions I finally snapped.

"SHUT UP ALREADY! NOTHING BAD IS GONNA HAPPEN!!! SHES GONNA BE FINE!" I snapped.

"Geez cranky pants!" Hayes rolled his eyes.

"Excuse me... Grier family?" We all shot up and walked over to the doctor.

"Yes?" Hayes looked up at him.

"Well... The twins are fine but Caroline's not... She's in a critical condition... We are going to have to go through another surgery..." Hayes broke down. Nina comforted him while I got the information from the doctor.

"It's ok Hayes.. Caroline's just gonna di-" Nina fell over... Great.. Two of my best friends are gonna die!

"Nina!" I rushed over to her side. "Hayes get a nurse" Hayes nodded. Within minutes 2 of my best friends were in a life threatening surgery.. They could either make it or not... Hayes and I just sat in the dull waiting room. Everything just felt wrong... I should be the one that could die... I'm obviously not worth it. I'm so horrible that my boyfriend is cheating on me. I'm so horrible that god had to take my parents away from me. I'm so horrible that I shouldn't be breathing. Suddenly the room got darker. I looked up and saw Nash.

"Can I sit down?" Nash gestured to the seat next to me. I put Nina's bag on the seat. "Ok then.." He picked it up and sat down anyway. "What's your problem?" He looked at me.

"Why are you cheating on me? I'm I really that awful?" Nash's face flooded with guilt.

"I'm so sorry mo... I was going to tell her to leave me alone... She's one of my exs!" Nash started on a long pity story.

"Save it.." I got up and walked around a little.

About 3 hours later the doctors called for us.

"Ok... Nina is right now recovering... Now... Caroline on the other hand... You might want to go and say your goodbyes..." Hayes started crying. I wrapped my arms around him. "I will give you guys a minute with her." The doctor opened the door.

"Hayes it's gonna be ok..." I helped into the room. He laid right next to her. I went over to her side.

"Caroline... Don't go... I love you!" Hayes kissed her head.

"It's gonna be ok.. We are always gonna be best friends no matter what..." I grabbed her hand.

"Caroline! Don't leave me please!" Hayes was bawling.

"If you see my mom and dad give them a big hug for me... Please... They will love to see you..." I started hysterically crying. That when the heart monitor went on a steady beep. We just sat there and cried. Then a miracle happened. It was 5 minutes and the hear monitor started beeping again. Caroline woke up startled.

"What... Where.... Who?" She stuttered.

"Caroline... Your ok!" Hayes kissed her head.

"What happened?" I was nervous to hear her answer.

"Your mom... The light... I went towards it and then your mom... She... Hugged me... She told me to go back towards the dreaded darkness.... She also told me that she missed you... Was I dreaming?" I just sat there... I didn't know if I should be nervous or happy... Sad or scared... Excited or petrified...