Chapter 8

Bries POV

"Hey, do you have Luke's number," I said through the phone. When Luke had dropped me of home after I had finished all my homework at his house. I knew I had forgotten something, his number. We didn't talk much about the whole fake dating thing after our little chat but I needed to ask him something. Would he be taking me to school in the morning? I know it was a silly question but hey could you blame me, I wasn't sure. It's not like we talked about it with all the awkward tension lingering in the air.

So I did the only thing I could do, call Michael.

"Oh someone's getting it on," he said with a hearty laugh. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"I'm not getting it on with anyone dipshit, do you have his number or not," I asked again. I sat on my bed comfortably with my legs crossed. It was getting late and I should have been getting ready to sleep but this thought kept on bugging me.

"No as a matter of fact I don't have his number," he said and I groaned, falling back and letting my head hit my pillow.

"Why are you so useless," I said and he just laughed, you could say anything to Michael and he wouldn't take it to heart. That was something I loved about him.

"Hey don't blame me, why don't you send him a bird call or something," he said and I was sure if I was right next to him, I would have smacked his colourful head. Why was I even best friends with this guy?

"I'm just gonna pretend you didn't say that," I said and he laughed again.

"Yeah you do that. Why do you need it anyways?" he asked curiously. I had a mental debate of weather I should explain everything to him. I would have to do it sooner or later so I gave in.

"Me and Luke are fake dating," I said clearly and heard Michael choke on his spit on the other end of the line. I rolled my eyes again, he was being way over dramatic.

"Fake dating?" he said.

"Yeah like it's my payment for him tutoring me," I said.

"What like do you not have the money or something."

"I do have the money but Luke doesn't actually need it, he's loaded. I'm not doing this because Luke's parents where forcing him to date other girls and he came up with the idea to get them of his back," I explained.

"Oh I get it, so why did you need his number then?" Michael asked.

"I needed to know whether he was going to take me to school tomorrow on not," I said.

"It's all good chica I'll take you," he said and I chuckled at how he called me chica. My weird friend.

"Are you sure your not gay Michael," I said to him and he yelled out a 'hey'.

"I'm not gay," he said and I just giggled in response.

"Of course your not, you have the hots for Hannah don't you," I said and I could imagine him blushing, right about now.

"I don't have the hots for Hannah. Who even says that now a days," he said obviously trying to change the subject.

"Normal people who don't say chica, and of course you do. Don't act like the sexual tension between you two is fake." I said not letting it go.

"Don't talk to me about fake missy, with all that going on between you and Luke are you not afraid it's gonna turn real. Like what if you get feelings for him," he spoke and thought about his words. I wasn't actually sure what I would do but I was just hoping that didn't happen any time soon.