Chapter 15

Bries POV

I sent another sorry glance to Luke as I picked up my plate. Dinner with the Hemmings had been down right awkward. Even more so as Luke now had a bruised foot, all thanks to me. I was a fricken great person, not the sarcasm. I felt worse as he was being so nice about it and told me not to worry. Of course I would worry I nearly broke his foot.

I felt so bad and wished I could do more but what made me feel ten times worse was when Luke's mum insisted I go buy a dress for tomorrow's dinner. I told her I had clothes that could maybe pass for dinner at a restaurant but she was so persistent about it. I could see where Luke got his niceness from.

I couldn't really shout no at her so I reluctantly agreed. She told Luke to take me out tomorrow which was more nerve wracking than the thought of the actual dinner. He was absolutely fine with it as well. Which was not helping at all. I couldn't ever imagine dress shopping with Luke so this was definitely going to be something.

Luke dismissed my look and also got up. I had be apologising all evening, like how could I not. They where being so nice to me and there I go and nearly break his foot. Could my luck get any better?

After the awkward dinner, I made my way up to the guest bedroom I was going to be staying in. I had seen it wrote dinner and it was actually amazing. Way better than my room at home. Well my really home. Luke had said goodnight and left for his, as it was getting pretty late. It was a little bit awkward but there was nothing I could do about it. I walked in and saw the bag I packed laying on the bed. I was pretty tired so I just put it to one side, leaving unpacking for the morning.

I needed to do one last thing before sleeping. Call Michael, I had told Hannah who was pretty shocked and told me that I should stay at hers but I said it was fine, I couldn't just keep on switching from people's houses. I did however tell her I was going to sleep over some time, as I wasn't going to stay at Luke's every night.

Grabbing my mobile from the bedside table I looked for Michael's number. Clicking on it I brought the phone up to my ear as I plopped down onto the huge comfy bed. I let out a little sigh as I put my head back onto the pillow.

"Hello?"

"Hi Michael."

"OMG Brie where have you been. Hannah told me what happened but why the heck would you do that!" I heard his loud voice the phone. Thanks Michael for giving me a earache, I thought silently.

"I did it because I just couldn't handle it there anymore, you know what it was like there for me. I'm fine at Luke's plus I plan to get out of here as fast as I can when I turn eighteen which isn't that long away."

"Aw, that's a pretty good plan actually and I fully understand what type of best friend would I be if I didn't."

"A really shit one." I replied and I heard him snort on the other end.

"You think your hilarious don't."

"Pfft, I know I am."

"Sorry to break it to you but you aren't."

"Oh, shut up!"

"Hey, what's gonna happen to Luke when you leave, you's will probably going to end up in love by then." I laughed out loud at that, falling in love with Luke didn't seem possible.

"That's never going to happen so I have no worries."

"You might as well be called cleopatara." I frowned, what the hell was he talking about.

"Why, what are you on Michael."

"Because you are the queen of denial." he said with a hearty laugh afterwords. Why was I even best friends with this goof ball again? I rolled my eyes.