Chapter 37

Really cute pic of Ashton up above x
~
Bries POV

I stared aimlessly at the door, the same door Luke had slammed in my face not even five minutes ago. My thoughts where flying about in my head, in every possible direction. Everything had happened so fast that it was taking me time to comprehend it.

It had only been two days, two days, since Luke had told me he loved me but what he was acting like right now, didn't seem like love to me. I didn't know whether to believe him or not.

I stopped glaring at the door and wiped my wet cheeks with the back of my hand, composing my self. I couldn't be so weak. I needed to pull myself together and try not to let one argument bother me, even though it did. A lot.

Maybe Luke was right about me being a jealous and possessive bitch, it hurt me a hella lot knowing he thought that about me. I was so stupid getting all riled up over him reuniting with his best friend and ex-girlfriend. The thought made me sick to my stomach, thinking about it now, they only split up since she had to move away, not because they each wanted to.

Luke was literally my everything. He was the only reason I was healthy, well fed, had a roof over my head and much much more. I couldn't loose him, I would be lost without him.

How we ended up here, I had no idea but I was sure about one thing, the love I had for him was real. Whether he returned it or not, I had no idea. I thought he did but now...with his ex in the picture, his love for her could have returned and he could have gotten sick of me already.

I furiously wiped my eyes again trying to get rid of the fact that I had been bawling. People would eventually show up when the bell went and I didn't want to scare them with how I looked. I grabbed my bag which was lying on the floor and silently left the room.

My plan was to leave, go to Luke's and collect some stuff, then spend the night at Hannah's. I'm sure she wouldn't mind, when I told her everything that happened. I speed walked down the hall and thankfully there was no sign of the others. Hannah and Michael would ask me multiple questions if they saw me and I didn't want to bump into Luke...

My mind was still in a slight daze and I closed my eyes with fear when I felt my elbow come into contact with someone. My heart stopped as I thought it would be Luke, knowing how my luck was but thankfully it wasn't.

"Watch the fuck where your going," a unrecognisable guy said with a groan, he was clutching his side, where my elbow had hit him.

Oh shit.

"I'm so sorry." I apologised but slammed my lips shut when my voice sounded hoarse. The guy still had a look of pain on his face and now that I looked at him properly, he was really handsome.

He was tall, not as tall as Luke though. He had deep green eyes, extremely different to Luke's blue ones and brown curly hair, the exact opposite of Luke's. His whole look was the opposite of Luke's but he managed to pull it off.

"You fricken should be, you hit like a man," he said angrily, looking up at me. I frowned, how rude! I didn't have time to listen to some strangers, snarky insults. I turned away from him and walked away, freezing when I heard him shout.

"Where the hell are you going!? Hey, I was talking to you," he called out but I ignored him and started walking again. I didn't have the time, I needed to get out of here before anyone could notice I was gone.

Leaving school couldn't have been simpler as it was lunch time and people swarmed across the school grounds, it was easy to blend in and then leave. Luke would probably to busy catching up to notice me gone.