Chapter 50 - Epilogue

So sorry for the late update but I finally posted what you guys have been waiting for!

Song dedicated to this chapter is never say never by the fray, listen to it if you haven't while ready the chapter, it fits pretty well x

Brie's POV (3 years later)

Cathy looked adorable in here white and pink ballgown styled flower girl dress. Her short blonde
hair was pushed back with a diamond head band and a small flower basket which matched her dress was placed in her hands as she walked down the isle. Her wide grin was placed firmly on her lips and her teeth showed every time someone cooed at her when she walked past them.

The traditional wedding piece was played by the piano player who was placed on the side of the church hall. This was the most traditional wedding I had ever been too not that I had been to very many.

I was sitting in the second front row, with all of the family members of the couple sitting in front of me.

Calum was standing very happily at the alter his black tux looking smart on him and his best men standing next to him, surprisingly one of them was Michael. Michael grinned when he noticed me looking in his direction and I have him a small wave back.

I could have been in that position too, well not that exact position but I was offered to be a bridesmaid by Alison. I didn't know what to make of the offer since that position had never interested me. So I declined but I did know someone else who would take the position happily.

Hannah embraced the opportunity with open arms as she has always wanted to be a bridesmaid, and I was happy she was finally getting to live the dream.

Once Cathy was finished throwing the flower petals, she ran back to the front row taking her space between Calum's mum and sister. She was their daughter, one of the cutest two and a half year olds I knew besides Emma and Ashton's son Oliver, he was just as adorable.

My mother sat next to me even though I told her it was fine for her to sit in the front row, she didn't listen. Over the years I hadn't seen her that often, we mainly contacted each other by phone and FaceTime but that was it. This would be the second time for me being back home and it felt good.

Everything felt fresh, the air felt clean and I could breath it in clearly. It was nice to hear and see everyone, some had changed mega time but that was just looks, they were the same person on the inside as I had always remembered them. I was happy, everything was going great so far with the wedding.

Alison had been panicking about this big day over the last couple months I had been told but everything was going perfectly, just as I had told her when she phoned me earlier.

Me and Luke had been home for officially half a day, our flight landing early this morning. I had to admit I was feeling a little jet lagged since a flight from Scotland to here wasn't the shortest but we managed. Also we were pretty use to it, in the last three years since high school we had spent the first two years in Rome, me attending art college and Luke studying law as his major and history as his minor. He was going into his family business. He definitely was smart enough for it so I had total faith in him that he would succeed.

Then in third year of my degree came the chance for me to study abroad in a different country not that, that was something I wasn't doing already but I took the opportunity. Scotland seemed nice and they also spoke English there which was an upside. It was difficult settling in with very little Italian spoken between the two of us but we managed, Google could be a pretty good teacher.

I felt bad about dragging Luke to Scotland with me but he said it was no big deal, that he could do all his school work on his laptop. I couldn't help but feel like I was bringing him down but either way he said he wouldn't let me go alone.