Chapter 39

Luke's POV

My body was in pain but not as much pain as my heart was feeling.
My ears ringed with those words Michael had spoken, making everything now seem crystal clear.

I was a complete and utter idiot for treating Brie the way I had been and actually couldn't believe that I had been so oblivious to it.

My happiness for my best friend returning had over taken the love for Brie but now it was clear on what I had to do, what I was going to do.

I needed to kick Louise back out my life for a couple days, well up until the dinner because there was no avoiding her then, the whole concept of the dinner was celebrating her and her family's return. I then needed to find out every way possible to which I could make up and apologise to Brie.

I know how wrong it was of me to have called her a bitch when she was not, possessive when she was only caring for me and jealous when she had the right to feel that way. I was so blind and now I needed to make up for it.

I couldn't loose her so quickly. It was like she was slipping through the gaps between my fingers and I couldn't let that happen. I needed to find the perfect ways to make her stay.

My heart ached as Louise helped my sore body get out the car. I was happy she was back but I needed to get through her head that I didn't care about her the way I had use to. Not even that. To be honest, I don't think there was ever a time where I loved her, and even if it was, it was a sisterly type of love.

Nothing more. Nothing like the love I had for Brie.

My stomach was sore as I could feel new bruises forming at where Michael had punched me.
Something else, I couldn't believe. My stupidity had also costed me an awesome friendship. He was now added to the list of people I needed to apologise to.

"How about we go to your room?" Louise questioned me but I didn't reply. I needed to get it through her head that I didn't feel the same was as I use to, and not even that.

My love for her before had been more of a sisterly love but she had mistaken it for something more.
The love wasn't real at all, what was real was what me and Brie had.

She slowly led me up the stair case and then found my room, which I couldn't believe she still remembered where it was located.

She kicked my bedroom door open with her foot and then guided me to my bed.

I tried my hardest not to let her unfamiliar hands touch me as she laid me down onto my bed.

"Is your head okay?" She said slowly as she pushed on of her hands through my hair softly. I shuddered at her touch, it was something I wasn't use to. At all. I didn't like it.

I pushed away slightly, showing that I didn't need her help anymore. I didn't want her help anymore.

She moved back and stood there with a frown on her face.

"I think you should take off your shirt Luke," she said and my eyes widened. What the hell was she talking about? I suddenly felt uncomfortable, I didn't want any girl to see me shirtless other than Brie. That was the only time I felt fully comfortable. I had a feeling that wasn't the only reason she wanted me to take my shirt off.

"No it's okay, I think I can manage from here." I said to her my gaze fixated on the door. If that wasn't a clear hint to get out then I don't know what was.

She looked confused as she looked at what I was motioning to.

"What? How can you manage on your own Luke? You are hurt, you need my help." She said with a small smile at the end of it.