Chapter 9

Bries POV

By the time lunch came, I was honestly exhausted. This was way harder than I thought, like most things in life. Having to hold Luke's hand and smile at him, longingly like I was madly in love with him, when I seriously wasn't.

Not yet, an annoying part of my mind spoke to me. I ignored it completely and turned my attention to the crowded lunch hall. I hated all the jealous glares I had been getting from the girls, it wouldn't be long before they started putting hate notes in my locker, people where acting as if Luke was some newt found Greek god.

My hands where interlocked with Luke's as we silently walked into the hall. A group of girls siting at a table on my right, gave me daggers, very uncomfortable ones to be in fact. I glared right back at them, to show I wasn't effected but really, I was.

I new most people weren't my biggest fans before the whole thing with Luke but now they acted as if I was a disease. Not the nicest thing in the world. If I would have known it was I would have agreed to the whole fake dating scheme, I mentally sighed there was no going back now.

I saw Hannah and Michael siting at a table, eating away at their lunch and bickering away between each other. I tugged Luke's hand as I made my way to the table they where sat at.

"Well if it isn't the madly in love fake couple," Hannah said with a scowl. I just rolled my eyes playfully. She wasn't really happy with the fake dating idea, she told me earlier that it was impossible for me and Luke not to be madly in love with each other when this whole thing blew by. I'm not quite sure when that was gonna happen but I hoped for it to be soon, I was hoping for a lot of things to happen at the moment. If anyone up there heard my prayers they would probably ignore them as I wasn't a religious person, so basically I was screwed.

"Your hilarious Hannah," I said to her as I sat down. Note the sarcasm.

Michael chuckled at me leaning over the table, he flicked my nose. I glared at him, swatting his hand away. I hates when he did that, precisely why he did it.

"Mrs grumpy over here, needs her lunch," he said and laughed as if it was the funniest thing on the planet. My scowl deepened and I gave Hannah a look that said, how the hell do you like this guy. My head shot away when Luke coughed awkwardly, obviously very uncomfortable in this situation. He seemed to be naturally socially awkward which was kinda funny.

"I'm just going to go buy my lunch, be right back," he said and then surprised my when he leaned forward and pecked my cheek softly. My cheeks flushed and Luke also looked a bit pink. Embarrassed I nodded, not trusting my voice. He gave me a small smile before scurrying off.

Michael gave me a cheeky smile. "I guess what Hannah said was right."

"Shut up, at least I don't have the hots for someone," I said, getting angry. Luke only gave me that small kiss for show, I bet it meant nothing to him and Michael was being a jerk about it.

He frowned at me as soon as Hannah's head shot my way with a questioning look.

"Wait, You like someone?" she questioned him with a frown and his eyes widened in panic. Oh shit, I really shouldn't have said that. I am a great best friend. Me and my tricked big mouth.

"Um no," he sputtered out in discomfort, he had stopped eating his sandwich as he had seemed to lost his appetite. Again, I was a great best friend.

I was about to say something to help Michael's case, as that was the least I could do but he shot me a warning glare, making me shut up on the spot. Where the hell was Luke? I sighed through my bag and found my fruit salad pot, I wasn't very hungry so I wasn't going to eat my sandwich.