Chapter 24

Omg guys I can't believe I nearly have 20k reads. Ahh it's so exciting, please help me reach my goal of 800 votes. Love you guys.

~

Luke's POV

Brie came running towards me and pulled me into a tight hug as I laughed. She had tears in her eyes and it nearly broke my heart. I held her tighter as I stopped laughing.

"So I'm guessing you like it?" I asked her and she pulled back from me, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. I would have done it but she beat me to it.

"I love it Luke, thank you so much," she said looking towards everything I had set out for her. It honestly wasn't that much but she had liked it, no loved it anyway, which made me burst with joy.

I was glad I had picked the right location, well with help with my mum. I had came where we use to come for picnics when I was younger. Not many people knew about this area so it was always pretty peaceful, to come here when things at home where stressful. Looking down at the bottom of the hill was the lake. It was honestly amazing and you could also swim in it, something I discovered when I was younger.

Up here on the hill I had laid out a blanket with the picnic basket with all the food my mum had packed us. Around about where flowers and in the distant you could see the beginning off a forest. It was exactly like something out a fairy tale. My mum had the whole idea and was so happy when I came to her for help, all the ideas I had for our date where too plain and simple. I wanted to do something creative so I went to my mum because there was no one more creative than her. She jumped at the idea and told me not to worry as she would plan the whole thing. I'm not gonna lie, I worried. A lot. But now it was paying off.

"How about we have something to eat first then go to the lake," I said to her and she smiled widely at me, while nodded. Man... her smile could honestly light up the whole world. I know that sounded cheesy but it was true. I loved it.

"What did you pack?" She asked taking the removing the lid off the picnic basket. I chuckled, nervously.

"Um, I actually left it up to my mum." I said and she laughed. She immediately stopped laughing as she brought something out of the basket. What she brought out nearly made my heart stop.

Condoms.

Well that's the last time I ever get my mum to plan my date.

I looked at the small blue box of condoms wide eyed, frozen in place. So was Brie but her mouth was slightly agape. I broke my gaze on the box and looked at her, as she quickly dropped the box and blushed a million shades of red. It was adorable but I knew I was probably the same colour as a tomato.

I cleared my throat, making her look at me. She looked flustered and embarrassed and I was the same.

"I swear I didn't put them in." I said to her putting my hands up in the air. She giggled, her cute giggle and shook her head.

"It's fine Luke I believe you but why would your mum put them in there?" She asked innocently, damn she was cute. The real answer was because she thought we where gonna have sex on our first date but I replied with,

"I don't know." She looked confused but thankfully didn't ask anymore questions. I picked up the small blue box and chucked it swiftly on the side, wanting to move on from this very, very awkward situation.

She started taking out the food one by one and seemed really hungry. Shit! I kept her hungry on the first date, what a great way to mend things with her. I was such a dick but was more confused when she mentioned she had feelings for me. It was honestly such a relief because i was falling for her. Hard.