Chapter 40

Luke's POV

The first thing I had decided to do was make amends with Michael. I knew that would be extremely difficult as it was only yesterday he was punching me in the stomach, hating my guts but I needed to explain myself or I would loose a great friend. I didn't want to loose him.

I had also decided what I was going to do for Bries birthday. I couldn't let her leave, not without me anyway.

Most of the day had passed and it was around about four, Brie hadn't come back home yet and I knew that she wasn't going to.

I was worried sick about her but if that was her decision then I couldn't do anything about it other than wait. I would wait forever for her to come back to me.

Michael would be home from school now and I was planning to call him so we could maybe meet up somewhere. I checked the time one last time before dialling his number, I was hoping he wouldn't just hang up on me.

"What do you want?" He answered with a gruff voice after a couple of rings.

"Hi Michael, I was wondering if we could meet up and I could apologise to you." I said my voice, in a serious tone not showing a hint of humour. I wasn't exactly his biggest fan after what he had done to me but I needed him and I was willing to be the first to apologise, even if he didn't.

"No absolutely not, I don't want anything to do with you." He argues back and I sighed.

"Please Michael, give me a chance to explain my self, please?" I helplessly asked him.

"Fine only because, I need to apologise too. Brie is mad at me for beating up the so called guy of her dreams." He said and my heart raced.

"She said that?" I asked him with high hopes.

"No." He uttered and my heart deflated. Oh.

"Oh okay." I said trying not to let my sadness show. Of course she wouldn't say that about me, she was angry at me so why would she?

"So where do you want to meet up?" He asked me, completely oblivious to my state, thankfully.
I went back into focus mode, thinking about what he said. I needed to concentrate.

"How about the mall." I suggested because I needed to buy up a dress for Brie for the dinner on Saturday. It was going to be awkward but I needed to do it. I would do anything for her.

"Um sure, I'll meet you at the Starbucks in about half an hour." He suggested and I agreed. The phone call ended after that and I hurriedly got ready. I had been in my pyjamas all day, too lazy to get changed because I didn't have anyone to impress, so what was the point.

~

Half an hour later, I was walking into Starbucks and saw Michael sitting at a table, tapping away on his phone. It was busy and there was a lot of people racing in and out the shop. I carefully made my way to the table and took the seat across from him.

"Hey," he mumbled after looking up.

"Hi." I said awkwardly, my confidence I had walked in the cafe in, simmering down.

"You want to order something?" He asked and I shook my head, I was fine for now.

"Good," he murmured.

"So you wanted to apologise?" I asked, changing the subject and referring back to what he had spoken on the phone. I found it hard to believe that a guy could so easily do something for his best friend without liking her, I knew he loved Hannah but still. He was one faithful best friend, it was another reason why I didn't want to loose our friendship.