Chapter 17

Hey guys thanks for all the support! please help me reach 260 votes! I would be very grateful xx

~

Bries POV

As our lips met I was overcome with taste of Luke's wonderful lips. His warmth indulged me as electricity ran through my veins. I knew that wasn't possible but that's what it felt like. My thoughts where racing so fast it felt like my mind was blank. His lips where frozen for a second before he started kissing me back with the same amount of passion. I wasn't a virgin kisser but i felt like Luke was. Even then this kiss had beaten any other ones I had by a mile. I could feel his cold lip ring against my hot lips. It felt really good.

The kissed no longer as I pulled away quickly. What the hell was I thinking. I did it out adrenalin of course but a part of me wanted to smash my lips back against Luke's as if it was just the two of us here.

I didn't even see Luke's reaction as I turned and looked to see my mum, John and Alison all staring at me with there jaws dropped. My mum was frozen in shock. Not waiting another second I pushed back my chair and ran out of the restaurant like I was about to be slaughtered. I couldn't see them now, any of them.

I rushed out side and ignored literally everyone and everything as I ran in a random direction. I couldn't honestly care less about where I was going or if I got lost. It just didn't matter any more.

Slowing down my pace, I made a big mistake as I heard heavy footsteps come from behind me. I had a feeling about who it was. It would too late to start running again as I felt the person take hold of my hand. Shocked I turned around to find Luke slightly out of breath and looking at me with an worried look.

"Why did you run." He slightly panted out to me as he tried to catch his breath. I didn't say anything as all I could do was blush with embarrassment thinking about what I had done.

Why did I do that!?

"Please Brie. Why did you run, you scared the crap out of me." Worry was buried in his deep blue eyes. Which I couldn't stop looking at. On any other occasion I would have teased him about feeling scared but right now wasn't exactly the right moment.

"I'm sorry." I apologised. My tone was quiet and shallow, not a single ounce of life in my voice. I just felt so drained physically and emotionally also.

Luke's face softened at the apology as he looked at me warily. His hand was still in mines as he pulled me into his arms. The warmed me up immediately as I felt the heat come off Luke's chest. Being in his arms just felt so right. He guided my head, laying it on his chest as he tightened his arms around me. With one arm he brought up his hand and stroked my hair. I was surprised at his actions and at why he was doing it but more so that it was enjoying it. Each time I was in his arms it made me feel better.

I wondered if he knew about he affect he had on me.

"Don't apologise Brie. It isn't your fault, I don't know why you kissed me but it was honestly amazing. Don't apologise for something amazing." He said carefully and my eyes where wider than flying saucers. He couldn't be for real. Could he? I looked up to read his face but it was as serious as they come. So I wasn't the only one who liked it.

"But admit it Luke it happened at the wrong time. I shouldn't have done it right in front of anyone. My mum probably thinks I'm some sort of prostitute now because your family all rich and I basically have nothing. I don't like you just for your money you know. It seems unbelievable for you to take me in so simply." I rambled on, my voice rising a little. Tears where building up in my eyes at the thought. What if other people thought that badly about me. I couldn't live with my self then.