Chapter 13

Luke's POV
(For the people who wanted it)

(Also iv took the part about Luke having a brother out of it so Luke is now an alone child)

I stopped strumming my guitar as I heard the door bell ring, no one was home so it had to be me to open it. I took my time walking down stairs, I wasn't sure who it was but I hoped it was Brie. I wanted to make everything right between us.

I was shocked when I opened the door. There stood Brie, looking as if something terrible had happened. Her eyes where bloodshot with tears streaming down her cheeks. She was full on crying and I couldn't even comprehend what I was seeing. It was so unexpected. I never imagined her to look like this, like she was so broken. She was normally confident and I loved that about her.

I ran towards her and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her to my body.

"Sh Brie, please stop crying and tell me what happened," I said to her but she kept on crying. Leaving her for a millisecond, I shut the door which was wide open and then came back to her. I steered towards the living room and was thankful no one else was home so we had our privacy.

I placed her on the sofa and sat down next to her, my arms still around her. It felt nice to hold her but I wasn't going to dwell too much on it, I wanted to know what happened.

"Please Brie tell me what's wrong, I don't care how bad it is. Just please tell me," I begged her. She sniffled and wiped her soaked cheeks.

"L-Luke," she stared off, her was quite and hoarse, like she had been crying for ages. What could have happened to make her cry like this. I hated seeing her this broken.

"Yes babe, what happened?" I said and ignored the fact that I called her babe. Even more since I liked the way it sounded. Soothingly I rubbed her back.

She slowly stopped sniffling and I was glad to see her pulling herself together. She took a deep breath and then exhaled.

"I ran away from home," she said in a small voice and I stared at her wide eyed. My mouth opened and the closed, not quite sure what to say. I snapped out of it as she looked at me, waiting for my reaction.

"Why the hell did you do that?" I asked her sceptically and she frowned as she finally stopped sniffling.

"I didn't come here for you to judge me Luke." she said her voice hoarse and I suddenly felt bad, I really shouldn't have. I hugged her tighter, making her seem so small in my arms. I liked how she fitted so perfectly in my arms.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to come out that way. Brie but please tell me why?" I asked curiously, wanting to know the reason. More importantly, be there for her. She looked at me, he eyes starting to brim with more tears, shit! Why was I so bad at this.

"It's fine Luke. It's just I was practically living in hell. I just couldn't take it anymore all the annoying and repeating shit which was happening with Alison and my mum. I just couldn't, I'm so sorry." She said and broke down into another heap tears. I tightened my grip on her, bringing her head towards my chest. I could feel her tears soaking my t-shirt, but I couldn't care less.

"It's okay Brie, I promise I won't judge you. I can see why you did it now and I'm so glad you came to me. Actually you could even stay here, I mean if you like?" I said to her surprising my self with the suggestion and her, as her head shot up and she looked at me wide eyed. I didn't mind at all if she stared here, at least she would be safe and well cared for. My heart did a weird little jump at the idea of her living under the same roof as me but I ignored it. Just like all the other silly feelings I was getting because of Brie. I think I was maybe getting a crush on her but I seriously couldn't. I needed to be here for her right now, not let some stupid crush get in the way.