Chapter 17

Y/N

I was sitting in the green room again. I have to go along with them because it's a part of my job but when we get where we're going takeoff makes me sit in one spot the entire time and not move. anytime i try to argue against him he gives me this big speech about how i shouldn't be doin as much because it can stress the baby too much. once i jokingly told him that i would quit and just let him take care of me and he actually went for it. To be honest I don't really mind; I still get my entire paycheck for sitting in one spot because he treats me like I'm made of glass. It's cool but it's really boring.

"Hey," called a familiar voice form the other side of the room. I looked up and takeoff was standing in the doorway.

"Yeah," I asked.

"My mama wants to meet you. So I was wondering if you would come to dinner with us." He said.

"us who?"

"Me and her...no one else." He said.

Honestly, I didn't want to go, but I didn't want to be rude either. He never talks much about his mother, but the things that they did say about the women that raised them sounded very intimidating. I sucked in a deep breath and looked up at takeoff who was still waiting for my answer.

"Yeah, I'll come." I said. "but only if you can make sure it's only the three of us."

"I'll make sure she's nowhere close." He said. Before he turned and walked away from the door.

I want to trust his word but I couldn't help but continue to look over my shoulder to see if anyone unwanted would pop up. I was so busy watching out for her that I didn't see the both of them come up to the table and sit down. The stories didn't have nothing on what his mama was like in person. She was like one of those women that was always well put together but she would turn up if she had to without a question. I watched with an awkward smile as she hung her purse on the back of her chair.

"Hello." I said to her.

She smiled. "Hi," she reached her hand over the table so that I could shake it. I grabbed her hand. "Titania."

"I'm Y/N," I replied.

"That's a pretty name." She said as she sat down in the chair that takeoff had pulled out for her. He was just watching us eyes big like he was waiting on something bad to happen. She turned and looked at him then frowned.

"Take those off," She said pointing to the glasses he had on. They weren't exactly shades because they weren't very dark. They were those tinted glasses that you wear to complete an outfit but they served no other real purpose.

"Sorry," he said softly as he pulled them from his face, folded them, and set them on the table. She picked them up and slid them into her purse.

I thought that the meal would have been weird but it actually wasn't. She was nice, I guess all of the bad stories that come from them come about because they're always doing dumb shit. She seemed like she was excited about the baby and not mad at all.

After we were done eating and talking takeoff paid the bill and we went outside. They walked with me until I got in my car. I wasn't away from them for a good five minutes before he was sending me a text message telling me that she really liked me. I don't like to text and drive so I waited until I got back home to answer him.

Me: I'm a nice, likable person...how could she not like me

Takeoff: you made a habit out of being a dick

Me: what

Takeoff: only recently...so it must be the baby

Me: I'm supposed to be the dick but you're the rude one

Takeoff: how am I rude

Me: you don't really talk to me and whenever you do you only bark an order at me to sit down or stay out of the way then you leave

Takeoff: cause you don't need to be doing all of that moving around anyway. I don't want you hurting yourself

Me: I can hurt myself as long as the baby is okay

Takeoff: that don't make sense. You and the baby are connected so if you get hurt he gets hurt and i don't want him to get hurt so you should just sit your ass down

Me: I still gotta work and make money. It isnt fair for me to sit on my ass while everyone is running around working

Takeoff: I don't care what they think is fair and what aint

Me: see......rude

Takeoff: it aint rude. I pay them so imma run shit how I want it to be ran and if they don't like it they can go work for someone else.

Me: well you cant argue with the boss.

Takeoff: right...so don't argue just be thankful

Me: for what?

Takeoff: that you dont have to be out here busting your ass to pay bills while youre pregnant. 

Me: I don't want to mooch. You not my man and you don't need to be taking care of me

Takeoff: but technically im your boss so I take care of you anyway

Me: I don't need it

Takeoff: see what im saying

Me: what?

Takeoff: that's that dickhead attitude I was talking about.

Me: man shut up

Takeoff: but for real. I don't want you stressing or nothing like that. I heard that can make the baby have a big head.

Me: he's gonna have a big head anyway...cause youre head is big lol

Takeoff: you think that's funny?

Me: yeah

Takeoff: laugh while you can cause you're the one who has to push it out.

Me: -_-

Takeoff: XD

Me:that isnt funny man

Takeoff: oh so when I make a joke it's a problem?

Me: that's not a joke...and you also arent funny

Takeoff: yeah says you....but look we got some recording to do and unc is saying im not focused so imma talk to you later

Me: alright