Chapter 30

Y/N

I've never seen him act like this before. Ive see nick get angry plenty of times but never to this extent. When I got her they took her from me and went straight into the back and then they started telling me that because I wasn't family I didn't have the right to any information but kirsnick fixed her right up when he got there. He got so bad that they had to call security and they nearly put him out of the hospital. They had to call the director down from his office to come and talk to us and once we explained the whole situation he gave us the information we wanted.

She was malnourished only and only weighed 10 pounds when she was supposed to be closer to 20. She had cracked ribs, a black eye and her left arm was fractured. The doctor told us that it was one of the worst cases of child abuse he had ever seen.

"when I find that bitch imma kill her." Nick was pacing back and forth around the room they had put us in because they didn't want him in the waiting room with the other patients' families anymore.

Kj let out a whine and raised his arms toward take. he turned and looked at us. "you're making him upset." I said to him.

He sucked in a deep breath and let it out slowly before he turned and walked over to the bed. He sat down next to me and kj worked himself out of my arms and into his lap.

"I don't understand how she could do that." He said staring down at the floor. "she coulda done anything, gave her to somebody, put her in foster care, fuck; she coulda brought her to us if this was the low life ass shit she was gonna do."

It's true. I knew feefee wasn't the best parent but I would have never thought that she would do something like this. That girl was beaten and the banging on the front door was from her, or whoever she may have been with throwing the car seat at our front door. When i found mani the was strapped in the car seat and it was flipped over on the ground. She wasn't moving and it looked like she wasn't breathing either. I thought shew as dead, but when I touched her face she started to cry.

"She's going to be okay," I said not really sure if I even believed that myself. He glanced over at me then down at kj who had made himself comfortable enough in his lap to fall asleep.

"I should have taken her." He said. "She needed me and I left her. i shoulda never left her man. this is my fault." He pressed his lips together and sucked in a shaky breath like he was about to cry. I reached out and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"it's gonna be alright," I said to him. "we got her now, and we not gonna let anything else happen to her."