Chapter 24

Y/N

2 months later

I was standing on the side of the stage watching their sound check like I usually did. This was the last out of town show I was going to be able to attend because it was almost time for me to go on maternity leave. I sat in the chair making sure everything was working the way that they liked it. All of the lights were working and the mics were set the way that they needed to be. After the soundcheck, we went back to the green room. It wasn't long before the show was set to start and there was a fan autograph signing before the show that they had to make.

"You okay?" Tiffany asked me. I looked over at her and realized that I had been staring off into the distance almost the entire time.

"yeah, why?" I asked.

"you're over here frowned up like something is wrong." She said.

"my back is hurting a little but I been standing all day," I said.

"are you sure?" She asked.

"positive," I answered.

I'm fucking tired all I wanna do is find a bed somewhere and go to sleep but we have this show stuff to do before we get to go back home. Everything is dragging so slowly and I don't get why. "You okay?" I looked up and offset was standing right in front of me with his hand out for me to hand him his microphone. I picked it up from the table and handed it to him.

"I'm fine, why?" I replied.

"just asking," he took switched the hands that his microphone was in and held his hand out for me to give him his earpiece. "you should sit down."

"I said I'm fine," I replied.

"you need to take it easy when you gone stop working?" He asked.

"are you a doctor?" I asked him.

"no, but I'm the one with the kids so Im kind of an expert., and that boy is huge. it's uncomfortable watching you move around with him." He said. "and your stomach dropped that means it's almost time."

"what are you talking about?" I asked him.

"your stomach was higher than that. When it's almost time for a woman to have her baby, the baby moves down and it makes your belly look lower than before. Aint nobody told you about that before?" He asked.

"it looks the same to me." I said with a shrug. "and I look at it every day."

"that's why It looks the same to you." He said. "you needa get somewhere and sit down before that boy falls right out of you."

I rolled my eyes at him. "shut up."

He walked away and takeoff walked over. He stopped after getting his mic and stepped closer to me. "go sit down," he said before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"why is everyone telling me to sit down?" I asked him.

"because you don't need to be on your feet. You been standing all day now go sit your stubborn ass down somewhere." He said.

"let me do my job," I replied before kissing his cheek. He sucked in a deep breath before walking away. He wanted to argue but he didn't have a chance because it was time for the show to start.

"don't over do it, remember this is your last show." He said into my ear before he trotted onto the stage with offset and quavo. My back had already been hurting but then it started to feel like my back was burning. I was standing in my usual spot at the side of the stage as I watched the set not really paying much attention. I was counting. The pain in my back would intensify for a couple of seconds and then go away. I've never felt any kind of contraction before so I don't really know if this is it or not, but I didn't want to make a scene if this wasn't the real thing. Instead, I just counted; after the pain would end I would start counting and when I started again I would stop. I got up to about 150 before I got another pain.