IM SO SORRY OH MY GOD

Pete tugs his hood over his head as the rain starts beating down on him. He starts walking faster to his dormitory, he's prefer not to be completely soaked by water.

He hold the straps of his backpack tightly as he hears the unsatisfying splash as his chucks walk through a puddle. 'It just started fucking raining, how are there already puddles?' He thinks.

The darkness casts a beautiful silhouette of him, the moon and stars seems to shine brighter tonight. Tonight was also Pete's birthday. He was out getting a drink with a few friends, Well the friends drank and he just watch in amusement at the drunkin people's actions.

He continues treading quickly, but slows a bit when he hears the speedy pitter padder of something running behind him.

He turns around only to see a guy running full speed in his direction. Pete starts panicking and backs away.

As the man starts getting closer, he seems to just notice Pete and stops dead in his tracks.

"OH MY GOD I️ DIDN'T SEE YOU IM SO SORRY. I️ WAS RUNNING BECAUSE IM SCARED OF THE DARK AND I️ LOST MY GLASSES SO I️ CANT SEE WELL."

Pete starts laughing silently. "W-what...?"

The man runs his hands through his hair. "I️-I️ didn't see you...I️ probably really scared you...I'm sorry."

"No! I️ mean you did scare the shit out of me, but it's cool." Pete laughs louder now

"Okay...well I'm Patrick." He sticks out his hand awkwardly for a hand shake.

Pete smiles, still hysterically laughing, and shakes Patrick's hand. "Pete." He says between giggles.

"Y-you should probably get going...you're drenched." Patrick says sympathetically

"Well so are you. Are you a student?"

"Yea."

"Which dorm are you in?"

"Green south."

"Shit, man, that's like a 20min walk from here..."

"Yea, well whatever," He huffs, "it's live."

"This may sound completely strange, Patrick, but you could crash in my dorm tonight. My roommate is gonna be out until Sunday, you can sleep in his bed..." Pete scratches the back of his neck.

A loud crash causes Patrick to let out a little squeak and he jumps towards Pete: thunder.

He backs away from Pete with a red tint of his cheeks. Pete just smiles.

"N-no I️ don't want you to have to feel like you have to offer."

"Really?" Pete says sarcastically

Another crash of thunder hits and Patrick jumps into Pete's arms. Again, he moved away awkwardly.

"Y-Yup..."

Pete sighs and grabs Patrick's arm. He tugs him a bit and wraps his arm over Patrick's shoulder. Patrick tenses a bit.

"Oh sorry. I️ forgot I'm a stranger." Pete let's go of Patrick

"N-no..." another bolt of lightning and thunder, "please..."

Patrick wraps himself around Pete.

Pete laughs a bit. "Okay...okay...it's okay."

They start back to Pete's dorm. The rain falls and the thunder roars. Lightning brings color to a verify blank sky, and the only sky paints a haunting image in Patrick's eyes. But Pete somehow seems to ease the pain for now.