m e l l o w

Listen to teen romance by lil peep, it really sets the mood in my opinion. This one's meant to be read kinda slow. Also listen to the teen romance song on YouTube with the 'sucker' heart in the thumb nail~i don't why, just do it okay...
———

Patrick slings his backpack off his shoulder as he enters his room. His yellow walls seem to flush into eye gaze. it's been a rough day.

Patrick's parents throwing childhood identity around, frames, bottles, each other; last night. He didn't sleep a minute, and he doesn't want his room smelling like alcohol. Patrick's bag thumps on the floor and he lights the lemon and sun flower candles, somehow making the most beautiful taste.

yellow walls, array of fairy lights, curtains, clothes, lights, bed sheets, pillows, canopy. yellow.

Patrick's skirt sways as he lays back in the bed, heat on high; cheeks red, a good contrast to all this yellow.

His fedora tumbled off, revealing smooth, clean golden hair. tear continuously strain down his face.

He knows Pete will be here soon. it's a sort of tradition~everyday after school band rehearsal, Pete comes round Patrick's. Pete has to leave when Patrick's parents come home though, his parents don't like Pete.

In this world, everyone's born with a color. Patrick's, obviously, is yellow. Each family has a tone, a color scheme if you will. Like Patrick's color scheme is includes yellows, lights oranges, and creams. Patrick's mom is cream while his dad is little orange. You're only allowed to date or befriend people of your color scheme. Patrick's brother is also yellow, just a more vibrant shade rather then his mellow tone.

The issue with Pete and Patrick being together is the they don't fall under the same color scheme.

Color scheme also determines brief personality traits. Patrick's tones bring quiet, cheery, soft, and forgiving. Pete's the opposite. His color is jet black. (his color scheme being black and dark grays) His personality is said to be mysterious, pitched with evil, rebellious, and cold.

Patrick thinks Pete's different though.

He thinks Pete is sweet, warm hearted. He's still mysterious with a dark laugh, but a light smile always graces his face.

Patrick lays on his bed, room calm. He lays there for what seems to be hours just being a ceiling gazer (a slightly offensive term for someone who never pays attention or listens), until he knows it's only been a half an hour because that's when, around the time, after he gets home Pete arrives, and he can hear the loud thud of shoes go quickly up his stairs.

His closes his eyes.

Pete knocks on his door. "Pattycakes?"

Patrick smiles at the nickname.

"Come in..." he mutters softly.

He can practically hear the smile on Pete's face as he opens the door slowly. Patrick's facing the other side of the room, but he knows Pete drops his black backpack next to his own because of the noise it makes hitting the floor. The bed dips behind him and he feels two warm arms wrap around his waist, and soft kisses being placed on the back of his neck.

"Hi, baby."

Patrick smiles so wide. "Hey."

The two know they'll be alright. at least for tonight, and that really all that matters~glows of streaky lights pass through the cracks of Patrick's window shade.

When the two are around each other, all the pain—all the rum, all the fighting, all the predetermined life, all the ache—it goes away.

and it doesn't matter if no one likes them being together.