5. two ghosts

Eleanor P

Eleanor P.O.V

I was literally going to have what felt like a heart attack. Part of me was still in disbelief.

Harry was there.

It was hard to ignore him with how he was glaring at me from the driver's side every few seconds. No matter how much I argued that it was my car, he was the one who ended up driving it.

Stubborn as always.

Now I had no idea where we were going or what the hell was going to happen next. For damn sure, I wasn't letting Freya anywhere near Harry until I knew what the story was. If I had it my way, this wouldn't be a discussion.

"Can you at least say something if you're going to keep looking at me?" I snapped feeling annoyed crossing my arms.

"I can't believe you Eleanor! You really don't want me talking right now." Harry warned through clenched teeth.

"Yes, the fuck I do! For starters what are you doing here? Who is Nathan and why did he say that back there?" I tried to keep my temper under wraps but it was seemingly impossible. 

Harry was fire and I gasoline. 

"I am trying so FUCKING hard to keep calm and you're really making that difficult!" Harry punched the stering wheel.

Once upon a time, that would have freaked me out. I used to not know how to handle Harry when he lost his temper or when his control would slip. But, I was now a whole new person. I vowed to never cower for or from anyone ever again.

The best thing to do when things happen that really hurt you, is to learn from it and move on with that new knowledge. I wasn't the same, but in a good way I liked to believe. I was more rational now with how I reacted situations or people. I had to for Freya's sake. I didn't want her to suffer for things that I did.

Don't let them have the last laugh. That's what I told myself every time someone screwed me over in some way. There was no point in getting mad because it didn't change anything. What you can change is how you are from that point forward. You let them win if you left. That could make you into a bitter person and you may isolate yourself.

Accept that you were naive enough to fall for something. Don't blame yourself for it though because you're only human and you only see so much. Making mistakes is how you learn but it doesn't define you. The best type of revenge is to best them. Show them that you moved on no matter how hard they made it to do so. 

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting it to kill the other person.

"You think this is normal Harry? You show up out of nowhere after five years and think I'm just gonna be fine with that?"