17. sweet creature

Harry P.O.V

Nothing beats mornings curled up next to my daughter. I had been awake for almost half an hour simply watching Freya sleep.

It gave me some peace to see her relaxed. I also spent some of that time studying my daughter's features. I could easily tell what she got from me and Eleanor. It made me love her even more as I admired her beautiful face.

I saw half of me and half of the only woman I've truly been in love with. No matter how infuriating she was, I knew there wass no one else I'd rather have as the mother of my children.

Having a kid is the truest proof of two people's love. It was not always the same case for everyone. But that's what I thought of when I saw Freya.

Looking at her, I thought of how much I loved her mother and how there would never be another love like ours to go down in history. Freya is the biggest proof of that love.

The stubborn, infuriating, crazy yet passionate love that Eleanor and I shared.

That made me smile for a second until I felt Freya stir in my arms. She opened her bright hazel eyes, letting out a yawn. When she saw me properly, a grin spread across her face.

"Hi Daddy." Freya said, leaning up to wrap both arms around my neck. I hugged her back tightly, enjoying the feeling it gave me. At the same time, my dark thoughts mocked what I felt.

I don't think I deserved to feel love like I was. Nor did I deserve to have Freya love me unconditionally as she did. There weren't enough lifetimes to make up for everything that I'd done. When I thought about everything, I regretted it all. Yet I couldn't do anything to change it because it already happened. The damage was done.

I thought about how stupid I was thinking that I was invincible. To think that none of it would catch up to me someday. You can't help but feel like that when you have all the power in your hand. When you have control over so many things and lives depend on you literally. You feel like a God, choosing who gets to live and die.

I was aware, I had always been aware, that what I did was wrong. I chose to look at it, as my way to let out everything, I had built up during the years. Up until that point.

"Hi baby." I responded, after realizing I had yet to reply to her.

Freya pulled away then stretched out, rubbing her eyes.

"Can we eat breakfast on the balcony?" Freya asked.

"Yeah. I'll order breakfast for us by the time you go and get your mum." I smiled bringing up my knees to my chest.

I knew I would have to face her anyways and the sooner the better. I knew that the previous night was all an act of jealousy. It didn't make me any less disappointed in Eleanor. I saw a taste of how low she was willing to stoop.

I couldn't stop thinking about that. Zayn and Eleanor would have had something to do with each other had Esther and I not decided to come look for them. I knew it didn't happen but it was going to.

I wanted to be pissed with Zayn but I knew him. He was the most honorable one. I knew he would have tried to stop at least 20 times before giving in. It would be stupid to blame him for being a man. He should have done better though. Walking away is the only way to avoid stuff like that.