21. la mère

Clarissa P.O.V

20 years ago

I couldn't wait to be free.

I was sure most teenagers think the same, but I truly meant it. I couldn't wait to be free of my life.

I couldn't wait to be free to follow my dreams. My true dreams. To do what I wanted, not what people thought I should want.

"Oli, are you listening to me? We're going to get caught if you don't put that out." Don hissed from his crouching spot. I could almost alwas convince Donny to keep watch for me while I smoked a cigarette. Didn't mean he kept his mouth shut the whole time.

"What will get us caught is your mouth Don. Shut up!" I scolded, kicking a rock towards him.

Don shook his head in disbelief but didn't move.

Good.

I knew I could count on Donny even when he didn't agree.

"Why are you so desperate to act like an American girl? Since when is this you Oli?" Don questioned and I rolled my eyes.

"That one is getting a tad bit old Don. But if we're going for that, why are you so desperate to act like British boys?" I called him out.

Instantly, his cheeks flushed red and I knew I was right.

"You're just trying to embarrass me to change the subject." Don muttered.

"You know I'm right though. Why is it that as soon as I show in interest in our new Brit, you suddenly are more posh and mysterious acting? Don't think I don't notice Donny." I continued teasing him.

"Now you're just being ridiculous." Don shook his head.

"Am I Don Sauveterra?" I smiled coyly at him.

"Wouldn't you love to have that last name? You'd be set for life." Don teased me in return surprising me.

"Who knows? Maybe we are meant to be.You've been my best friend since I was little." I entertained the thought.

"There you go again being a tease Oli." Don mumbled.

"What should we name our first daughter? I'm not good with girl names. I would rather name the boys."

"Who said I would have kids with you? You think too much of yourself." Don gave me a soft crooked smile, which the girls swooned over.

"At least one, I bet. Mark my words." I pursued my lips.

"Maybe. We'll see." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"You can't get mad if I talk to him. You know who I mean. We're best friends but you can't dictate who I see." I reminded him on a more serious note.

"I know my place rather well, thanks for reminding me. You act as if I'm a child."

"You do act like a child Don. Admit that. You do that even around Desmond."

"I will admit to nothing. Besides, he isn't as nice as he tries to act."

"Give him a chance Don. Maybe that's your best friend and you're being stubborn."