6. believer

Harry P

Harry P.O.V

"I'm sorry for... that. Old habits die hard." I apologized, holding my hands up after Eleanor gave me a look that made it seem as if I had stun gunned her.

She glared at me and I didn't understand what's going on. I frowned until her face expression changed, as she let out a deep sigh. 

"You're fine. It's just...I worked so hard to move on and now you're here again." Eleanor tried explaining but it only it helped in confusing me further. 

"Why did you decide to name her Freya Hermione? I picked that name out and you hated it back then." I asked her so we could change the subject.

"I did not hate it!" She gasped in denial but her cheeks burnt. I gave a dead pan look that only made her cheeks burn even more.

"You disliked it?" I offered to which Eleanor nodded feebly after a few seconds.

"Where did you get Freya Hermione from? I want to know who I named my daughter after." Eleanor questioned.

"My grandmother." I confessed looking down at my palms.

Freya Hermione Selley died the summer I was seventeen. A year before my dad decided it was time to groom me for the family business. She was my mother's mother but ended up being the only woman I considered a mum.

Anne was just the egg donor in my eyes but a mother, mother? Never.

I didn't know if it was Desmond who made her be the way she was. I only remembered one day our mom was staying at home and being with us. She used to smile, we would take trips to special places, and everything was perfect. Then it stopped when I was seven. She started going along with my dad on business trips. When they came back from their first trip, I knew something had changed in my mom. I couldn't put my finger on it to this day.

Gemma and I were left with our grandmother when they did these trips. I used to give her a hardtime when I was younger. As I grew though, so did my love for Grandma Freya. 

"Her name was Freya Hermione?" Eleanor's eyes widened in surprise. She knew which grandmother I meant.

"Yes and she meant the world to me." I admitted with a nod.

"What made her important to you? If I can know, of course." Eleanor leaned closer and forward without realizing it.

"She was the only person who didn't hold any expectations of me. That sounds bad but it's in a good way. I can't remember much of my childhood. I do recall how much of a hardass he was on me." I sighed clenching and unclenching my jaw.