15. decade long overdue

Harry P.O.V

"Bad seedlings truly don't die, I see." I remark.

Esther rolls her eyes crossing her arms.

I'm not going to lie and say I'm not a little bit shaken seeing her again. It's been more than a decade since I last had her in front of me. I also stop thinking about her so long ago. I guess I never really did process what happened between us. Not that it matters now I see. Or at all for the matter.

"How's your psych these days Harry? Have you snapped or you still a coward trying to impress Guvnor." Esther sneers, looking me up and down.

"You should know better than anyone that answer. Your death or as I see supposed death was my graduation." I spat lifting the corner of my mouth.

Esther purses her lips and cocks her head to the side.

"You'll get yours Harry Styles. We have a lot to talk about-"

"We have nothing to talk about." I mutter.

"Yes we do. You owe me an explanation for a lot of things Harry and you better fucking believe you're giving them to me." Esther says.

"Even if I wanted too, I don't have the time. You're not a priority for me at the moment." I shrug nonchantly.

"Don't worry I can be patient." Esther raises her eyebrows.

I look away from her for a second to Eleanor. It dawns me then that I have the both of them in front of me for the first time. Not that it's awkward but it also isn't the most normal thing in the world.

Never in a million years, would I have guessed Eleanor and Esther would become best friends. Or that Esther would be the godmother of my child. Life has a sick way of playing games.

None of this is normal whatsoever.

"Why were you planning on mentioning Esther?" I ask.

"I didn't know I had to bring her up." Eleanor crosses her arms narrowing her eyes at me. I feel Esther's eyes on my side awaiting my response.

"Don't act like a dumb bitch, of course you knew. Especially knowing the history that surrounds us." I bark, standing up straighter.

Eleanor's eyes widen with a glint of fury. I know I fucked up with calling her names but Esther was here. She doesn't know me the way Eleanor does. Never has and never will.

Or so you think, my conscious says to me. I frown shaking my head. Last thing I need, the very last thing is this shit. I already had enough to deal with as is.

"Excuse me?" Eleanor asks, looking at me dead in the eyes. With that glint of darkness that seems to come and go.

Fabulous.

"Don't make me repeat myself. You heard me." I say.

Eleanor purses her lips for a second before looking out the window. She looks back to us. More in specific from Esther to me.

Because I know Eleanor, whatever she thought to herself right now made her upset. The way her face fell after looking back and forth a couple times from Esther and I.