34. panama

Eleanor P

Eleanor P.O.V

My body had been through alot and I felt like it was finally catching up to me. I had been in three different times zones in less than a month.

I don't think either one of us had gotten proper sleep. We just pushed through somehow. I saw what Harry meant about keeping up and how this wasn't good for Freya. She needed stability and a safe environment. If I was struggling to keep up, I could only imagine for her.

I did feel better knowing Esther and Regina are with the kids. Chema and the guys, I heard, were in charge of tracking Desmond.

Just thinking of his name caused a pit in my stomach. A painful one.

"The guy we are going to see is called Fantasma. I used to work with him back in the day, except I wasn't the one who dealt with him." Harry kept explaining to me the details of this encounter.

We were close to landing

"What do you mean by that?" I cocked my head to the side not understanding.

"You can't be everywhere at once. So you hire people you trust enough to not sell out." He said and I got it, nodding to myself.

"I won't sell you out." I murmured quietly.

I don't know why I said it necessarily. Yet it felt good.

"You kind of can't afford to." Harry threw back. I looked at him to see his expression.

His tone was dark which made me think he was mad. Yet Harry was being playful. The way his shoulders were relaxed and his lips curved upward conveyed the message loud and clear.

Such a devilish grin.

I was caught off guard because lately all we've been doing is bickering. I quickly composed myself and rose my eyebrows.

"Why do you say that?" I teased back.

"I just don't want to lose you. It just takes one moment for it all to go wrong. I know it's selfish of me to want you to stay home. I've known what kind of woman you are. I've known it since way before we happened. Life unfortunately had other plans for you. I'm trying my best to adjust to you doing this. I know we can make it work." He said, completely changing up on me.

Why is this man like this?

"I wish you'd let me into your head. But I'm glad to hear you say that. To what do I owe the sudden good faith?" I questioned not trusting him completely. Those past few days, he'd acted more than otherwise.