Epilogue

Eleanor P.O.V

I remember the morning I got married to Harry the first time. I remember how I felt when I first woke up and how my nan then tried to console me. I felt like a little girl playing dress up all day that day. The make up didn't feel right nor did the dress even though it was all beautiful. I kept forgetting it was my wedding so the attention overwhelmed me at times. Then there was Harry too who had been such a peach.

If you look back at those pictures and truly knew me. You could tell nothing about that wedding had a personal touch of mine. Yet it was the wedding all my family and close friends who mattered back then attended. Everyone made it for that one but now that it's really happening. I think not one person who was there that day will be here today. And I find myself being more than okay with it.

Today everyone who is attending, are people who truly matter to Harry, and I in some shape or form. I like to think that these are people who we can truly count on from here on out because they've helped us in someway in the past or simply have been there.

Every detail in this wedding is so meaningful. So personal because now there is a history to back it up.

Today is my wedding day! I tell myself to forget that past, that it doesn't count, and it's okay that it doesn't count. I'm aware of just how backward we've done things but it's all memorable. I think our real love story started when we came back into each other's lives again. Every moment since has been how it should of been when we first got together. So much has happened since I married Harry 8 years ago.

But also so much growth too. Both him and I went into all of this thinking we knew what we were doing. Thinking that we were doing what was best for our families and may be in the future for ourselves. Only we were wrong yet we saw it close enough to change from it versus sinking further.

I think about how I almost didn't come back from it. How if Harry didn't come back into my life I would have never seen the positive in things. I would have maybe turned into some wretched human being who would've taught Freya how not to love. How not to forgive or maybe understand that some people may hurt you because they truly don't know better.

Sometimes I wondered if getting back with Harry was the right thing for her. I know our whole lives changed once Harry was back in the picture but it was never for better or worse. It just was and that's all there is too it.

Despite what I was taught I learned on my own that if at the end of the day. If someone is putting my best interest at heart first. That if someone was trying to be the best they could be for me no matter what. That there is a silver lining to all the bad. I'm not saying you should put up with things in hopes that they will get better. There are some people you have to let when you get that inkling to let go. You don't want to wake up years later to have realized things would have been better if you just did or didn't do somethings.

If you're lucky though you'll find someone who isn't picture perfect but worth the picture still. I could go on and on about why Harry and I shouldn't be together. About why I believe we do but it doesn't matter right now.

I don't care that I already have 3 kids with the man or that we've gone to hell and back for each other. Today is my wedding day and I have been waiting for this day my whole life!

There are just no words to describe how I felt when I saw Harry get down on his knees. How I felt when he asked me to marry him. Because although we have all this history and these attachments to each other. I knew that marriage wasn't something that had been in Harry's mind before. I don't think before me he ever thought about proposing to someone. So the fact that he did that and that he was asking me meant so much. Because I know it seems silly but in that moment I knew he was picking me for the rest of his life. You can't really describe that feeling besides a sense of peace because we've already done the trials. I just assumed we were going to be partners from here on out but Harry wants us to be husband and wife. Now although it won't be a traditional wedding that would also legally bind us. It's still significant that we will be having a ceremony with all our close loved ones.