23. ce qui est fait est fait

Don P

Don P.O.V

Seeing my best friend and woman that I love, in so much pain did not feel good. Even if wasn't about me the fact that she was wailing like that, still managed to hurt me deeply.

Desmond left over 30 minutes ago after some lengthy arguing. We did our best at trying to keep the baby away from him. Clarissa said he would know once he saw her, which I agreed on.

Eliza lookee just like him. So small and fragile but so, so beautiful. I didn't know how I fell in love so deeply for a child that wasn't mine. I didn't know how I found myself agreeing to raise her and give her my last name.

Either I really was an imbecile that had been played over and over by Clarissa. Or like I liked to believe, I was just too much of a good person. I was sure anyone else would have done what I wad doing.

I didn't understand why life had to be like this. Why can't the people who love each other just be together? Why were there so many complications to intervene?

"Is there anything I can do Oli?" I used her old nickname. I climbed onto the bed next to her, spooning her from behind so she knew I was there.

"There is nothing anyone can do. I've fucked up my life so much and I can't go back. I'm so sorry because you don't deserve any of this. You can leave me, Don. You didn't sign up for this life. There is still time for you to find someone worthy." She wailed, clutching her pillow even harder. Her words were cut short with her ragged breaths and her sobs.

"You are my best friend above everything. Why wouldn't I want to help you? A true friend knows no limits." I quoted to her and she turned over to give me a small smile.

Clarissa then looked down at my lips before up to me again.

"There is no way I could ever repay you for everything Don." She murmured sadly.

"Let's give Eliza a sibling in a few years. Don't get me wrong, I'll always love Eliza as my own. But I do want a child that is half of me." I let out a thought I had in mind.

Ever since we brought Eliza home, I thought about that. If we were to raise Eliza together then it's rational for her to have a sibling.

Clarissa sniffed, surprising me by not being repulsed or angered at my suggestion. At least in a way, I could tell. Sometimes it was hard for me to read her.

"You want a child with me? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it. If anything it's the least I can give to you. But are you sure? Because you really would be tied to me for life." Clarissa questioned.