22. fait pour moi

Desmond P

Desmond P.O.V

20 years ago

"You are not making any sense, Oliviene. You promised we were in this together. I got in so deep into this because you wanted me to. You believed in it!" I exclaimed.

I didn't understand what she was doing. That wasn't her, that was not the girl I loved. She was not standing right in front of me. There was someone else, who looked exactly like her. Whose voice matched hers. But I refused to believe that it was my Oli.

"I'm telling you that I'm out of this and that I don't want to be with you. I thought we shared the same dream but we don't Desmond." She said but wasn't willing to look at me. I still was not understanding her.

"I know you're lying because you're not the type to switch up. I know you. So please tell me what is going on." I begged, coming closer but she took a step back, sending a stab to my heart.

"There's nothing going on Desmond. You need to understand that I am not meant for that life. I have no idea what I was thinking." Oliviene muttered rubbing the corner of her eyes. I could see the tears that were going to spill over and I couldn't make sense of it.

"You wouldn't be struggling to keep it together if that was the case. For God's sake, Oliviene! Look at me." I snapped exasperated.

"My answer isn't going to change! I made up my mind, okay? I don't want to do this and I don't want to be with you." She snapped giving me a glare.

I looked at her face and searched for any sign that she's lying.

She was not.

"Why now? When we're so close to having everything?" I asked, not letting my feelings take me down under yet.

"Because if you really loved me, you would have never agreed to any of this. You would have done everything else to done this right." She accused.

"I did it because you wanted me to! This is what you suggested. I never would have thought of this. Gotten myself into this on my own. Do you understand where I stand now? I can't just get out!" I snapped.

"I'm sorry." She didn't look me in the eye when her voice broke.

I frowned. She wasn't making any sense to me.

"Why are you apologizing for? You've already broken my heart." I muttered darkly.

"I can't do it but I have to. You don't understand." She said hastily. It was like she needed to say it but didn't want me to hear whatever the thing was.

"There's a solution for everything except death Oliviene. If something's going on, we can fix. Let's please fix it!" I pleaded but it seemed like I was already late.

Oliviene shook her head and muttered things in French I couldn't catch. I hated that she did that so I can't understand what she was trying to say. I was regretting not paying attention in my French lessons.