11. just the same

I knew Eleanor was stressed out about going on the run with Freya

I knew Eleanor was stressed out about going on the run with Freya. She was worried about her safety and if I would ever try to take our daughter away from her.

That honestly wounded me. I would have been a hypocrite in that case, for getting mad at her about not mentioning Freya for 5 years nearly. I was hurt that she did that because I would never have done that to her. No matter what, I always believed that a child needs both parents. I deserved to know, even if I would have been in prison.

Maybe she was right. Then was not a good time to get back together. Especially when things were still fresh. The last time we had seen each other was on the floor all bloody with gunshot wounds. No contact after that. We were both different now. She was older and I was older.

Eleanor was no longer a young girl who could be easily be fooled by talks. I understood where her anger came from. I could understand her hesitation in welcoming me back into her life in any role other than Freya's dad.

Despite that, I still felt betrayal on her part. I didn't know if I I was being irrational. I didn't know what my place in all of this was. What I could and couldn't d speak my mind on.

"The boys reserved two rooms for us at a hotel along the Rivera for us." I informed Eleanor as our taxi came close to the destination.

"Two rooms?" Eleanor questioned without looking at me. I knew why she was asking.

"One for you two and one for me." I explained simply.

Freya looked up from in between us.

"Daddy, what if bad guys find us?" She mentioned with worry.

"You will always be perfectly safe around me baby. Remember what I told you?" I tried to calm my daughter. I could sense her anxiousness. Call it father's intuition.

"Yes." She nodded.

"Baby girl, I will never let anyone or anything touch you or hurt you. Both of you." I reassured Freya with a smile. I said that last part knowing it won't make a difference. But I still wanted to say it.

Just like I guessed, Eleanor didn't look my way nor reacted any other way.

"No bad guys know we're here."

"For how long?" Eleanor finally came to life.

"We will see. The only thing that matters is that we are together with Freya. We will be safe."

"This can't be her life Harry."

"We can discuss that later Eleanor. Right now we need to get settled and you two need to get more clothes. That can happen after we eat. Right now we focus on this, okay? Can you do that for me." I requestdd nicely. I didn't want to argue with her in front of our daughter.