The Princess and her Castle

Melissa

I had taken the entire day off from both jobs so I could stay home with Mallory. Tim had chemo earlier today and it was so strong tat he was going to stay in the hospital for the day so they could monitor him and make sure he's going to be okay.

So that means it's a mommy-daughter day again, but this time we were staying home. I got home around 2 last night and Mallory got up at 6 this morning. So I was running on low but I'm sure we will still have fun.

We start the morning off making breakfast together. We make our pancakes into fun shapes and sing along loudly to whatever song plays on the radio. After we eat we clean up and crash on the couch in our PJs for the foreseeable future. We start watching a movie but I hear a knock on the door.

"Did you invite someone over" I ask.

"Mom... who would I invite" she questions. She has a point, but she also had my phone this morning.

I reluctantly get up and go to the door. I open it and see Anthony standing there.

"Oh no, did we have a date I forgot about" I gasp.

"No. I got a text from you asking if I could come over... in my pajamas" he admits and I tilt my head to the side.

"Did you now" I ask and he nods.

"I'm sorry... did you not want me to come over? Because I can leave" he asks pointing to the stairs.

"No! Don't go" I beg and he smiles. That was probably the most desperate I have sounded around him and I'm sure I'll never hear the end of it. "Come in" I finally say and he nods.

"Anthony" Mallory cheers and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Did you take my phone and use the voice feature to ask Anthony to come over" I ask her and she stops.

"Nooo" she tries but I smile.

"Yes you did" I insist.

"Okay I did" she admits and I laugh. She can never lie to me.

"Can you at least tell me when you do that next time" I ask.

"Well you said you wished Anthony was here with us so I texted him" she says in her soft "I'm sorry" voice.

I feel a blush rise on my face and I was too afraid to turn around. I know Anthony was sitting there smiling at me and I can't give him the satisfaction that he's getting to me.

"I'm sorry mommy" she whimpers and I sigh.

"It's okay baby, come here" I insist. She slides off the couch and I give her a big hug. I start to kiss all over her face and she gives a cute laugh.

"I love you so much" I insist.

"I love you too" she smiles. She heads back to the couch and I turn to Anthony.

"You missed me huh" he smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Believe it or not, I'm quite fond of you" I admit.

"Nice to know" he chuckles. "There was something about pajamas in the text" he admits.

"You thought that text from me asked you to come over in your pajamas" I ask.

"I originally thought it was your brother pranking me. Then I saw the unicorn emoji and figured it out" he admits.

"I wish my brother would quit teaching her these things" I mumble and he laughs.

"But I did bring some pajamas if you want to hang out today" he claims.

"That's would be awesome" I smile.