Breakaway

Anthony

Since we were in the middle of moving I got a good idea, to have a night out with just me and Melissa. February started tomorrow and that means that it was time for the Cubs convention and spring training. We weren't going to have a lot of time to have date night and when the baby gets here even more so. So I decided to treat my girlfriend to a concert here at the United Center and grab a nice dinner after.

Tonight Kelly Clarkson was in town for her tour after releasing her first album after a long time off. I was a Kelly Clarkson fan from the start when she was on American idol and apparently so was Melissa. She even saw her on tour when she was college and always talks about how much she loved it. Kelly isn't someone I would openly talk about being a big fan of but I knew almost all of her songs. When I was in the hospital I would sit there and sing "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" to myself until I beat it and "Since You Been Gone" made me feel good about breaking up with my imaginary girlfriends. She had a lot of good songs and I was excited to hear her old stuff and some new stuff too.

"Is there anything a three months pregnant woman is supposed to wear to a concert? I don't know the protocol for this" Melissa calls out as she goes through the boxes of her things packed away. This was kind of last minute so we didn't have outfits set aside while we moved.

"I don't know. Wear anything, you're going to look great reguardless" I shrug as she sticks her head out of the closet.

"You are so perfect" she says before retreating back. I roll my eyes as I hop off the bed. I join her in the closet and help her look to move this along quicker.

"What about this" I ask holding up a cute pink dress.

"I don't want to show my baby bump yet. There's still a lot of people we haven't told and if pictures get out and I look undeniably pregnant there's about 39 baseball players on your case" she reminds me.

"I don't want you to hide behind clothing" I admit.

"I did it last time. Plus I want something loose so I can dance" she says as she dances a little in her spot.

"Alright, then what about this" I say holding up a yellow dress.

"I haven't worn that since I was pregnant with Mallory, but it was one of my favorite dresses" she admits

"I think you would look great in this dress, it'll make you big blue eyes even brighter" I insist as I hand her the dress.

"Thank you my personal consultant" she teases as she takes the dress from me.

She changes and puts on a little bit of makeup and straightens her wavy hair before pulling on a pair of heels that fit her swollen ankles and we were ready. We drop Mallory off at the baby sitters and head off to the United Center to sing our hearts out. We had been here for a Bulls and Blackhawks game before but never for a concert. I got us floor tickets and I can tell she was excited. We get down to the floor and since she was pregnant they find us a place where she should be safe from any rowdiness which makes me feel better.